Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #681
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I think if you're pressing the direction towards the player, and push the defensive button, it does the same thing as the 2k way of contesting (hand up). I know I see it all the time. I'm just comfortable with the controls, so I don't pay attention to it. I'll test it out and let you all know. I had to do it constantly with George Hill when guarding D-Will the other day.

It may not be today, but I'll get back with you asap on it. I'm almost positive you hold L2 and press the direction towards the shooter. Also, just a heads up CMH, don't overuse the L2 button, normally I just use it in the post, and then when the CPU is trying to actively take me off of the dribble.

Also, for those that don't visit the video thread:

Love this game. This type of stuff draws me in. The ability to execute offensively is a thing of beauty. I ran a double cross for Paul George and Lance Stephenson. PG24 was on a HOT Streak, Deron was initially coming to double George, I find Hibbert in the past. Deron gets caught up trying to change paths, Hibbert finds Hill wide open at the top of the key.

Here PG fakes the screen, Kirilenko gets caught cheating. PG squares up and launches, gets the very kind bounce. Early in this games life, you would have never seen this type of roll. I'm seeing the ball/rim interaction taking a life of it's own, and it's awesome.

Wanted to share the first video up there, ball movement, spacing, everything.

Last edited by WTF; 12-24-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #682
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Just checked on the defense. As long as I'm holding L2, and in the shooters space, 90% of the time it'll auto contest.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #683
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Just checked on the defense. As long as I'm holding L2, and in the shooters space, 90% of the time it'll auto contest.
Nice, i'll check it out later.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #684
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Somewhat agree with above, but I wouldn't say better, maybe better in some aspects....contesting the ball in the air...your more likely to block the ball with a random body part in Live...so it's hit and miss both ways...speaking of steals, I wish they would remove the delay when pressing the steal button..

EDIT: It would be fantastic if while they are adding in animations they add in defensive animations at the rim, I think that'd get me back into the game at least...game really reminds me of 2k13 in that aspect...just not enough counters to defend the basket...
I definitely agree with everything you said,especially the steal delay, but in terms of like hitting the ball for a block or steal and not hitting it sort of thing, it's IMO better than 2K. No matter how ugly the animation it will always either be hit or miss. I had one play in 2K(hate to bring the other game up again) where I went for the steal are hit NOTHING but I got called for the foul. His arm was like a foot away from the ball carrier. In Live, that never happens which is what my original point was. The ball won't "magically" be hit lose when I don't even touch it.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #685
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Dirk, Ive seen a shooting foul called for swiping at the ball with no contact in Live 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #686
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Dirk, Ive seen a shooting foul called for swiping at the ball with no contact in Live 14.
Never seen one, they either hit the players hand or leg for me. I always go into replay mode if I'm unsure if something like that happened or not and they always do hit a body part. Did you go into replay or just see it from a gameplay perspective? I know it looks like they didn't touch anything but when you go into replay you see they did hit something.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #687
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Let's keep the thread on what Live does and not what 2k doesn't, or vice versa. Thanks.

Also, I love the playoffs presentation. Wish they did the entire starting 5.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #688
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Let's keep the thread on what Live does and not what 2k doesn't, or vice versa. Thanks.

Also, I love the playoffs presentation. Wish they did the entire starting 5.
WTF, have you noticed my thread "What happened to game atmosphere?" If not, I discuss the fact that my game atmosphere option has disappeared completely. I cannot select playoff atmosphere because the option does not exist for me. I really loved the option for the time that I had it and am hoping it will return for me soon. Anybody like EASPORTS_AJ that can maybe send a word to the devs would be greatly appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »