Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-24-2013, 01:22 AM   #673
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

After playing 2K for the first time in a while, I realized Live's ball and hand physics are better than some people think. I had this play in 2K where I clearly stole the ball(hand touched nothing but ball), but they called a foul. In Live you either hit the ball away for a steal or you hit the hand or body of a defender and get called for a foul. I'm not trying to bash 2K or complain about it as this IS the Live thread, I'm just using it to compare to what Live has for its ball physics.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #674
Rookie

One thing I would love to see in Live 14, is the same kinder court with different players from Live 10, when waiting for games too start..

But with a bunch of options, such as

How many players on the court you want.
Select your own players or make it randomized, team based ect.
Full court or half, different courts. Outside/inside maybe?
Option to be alone in the gym, 1on1 your chosen guy against random players or just stack the gym up.

Or just a practice mode!

Oh and one thing i thought about when I was playing last night. Live has the control mentality on point, with layers and layers of options. But when I press Y in defense, it randomly chooses from block, arms up, and defending the shot. I would like to see this.

My idea here is.

Tap Y/∆ = Block attempt
Double tap Y/∆ = Go straight up
Hold Y/∆ = Defend the shot

Outcome of the different options.

Block attempt:
Press one time, you go for the block attempt. Miss timing it will either make you foul the man, block it or in some cases make them miss (same concept as stealing the ball)

Go straight up:
You just jump straight up here, nothing fancy. Good old 101 in defense.

Defend the shot:
Your defender just goes too defend the shot. No block attempt, no nothing. Just a hand in the face or on the ball. (could depend on the timing or defensive player)

What u guys think of this?
Old 12-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #675
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Not bad though I wish you could just hold l2 to defend the shot like in 2K.

Not a fan of double taps in button layouts for what should be simple maneuvers.

If you make holding L2 instant hand in face when a player goes up, or at least just up on the right stick, then you can make hold Y/Triangle straight up when jumping and just pressing Y/Triangle a block attempt.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #676
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
After playing 2K for the first time in a while, I realized Live's ball and hand physics are better than some people think. I had this play in 2K where I clearly stole the ball(hand touched nothing but ball), but they called a foul. In Live you either hit the ball away for a steal or you hit the hand or body of a defender and get called for a foul. I'm not trying to bash 2K or complain about it as this IS the Live thread, I'm just using it to compare to what Live has for its ball physics.

Somewhat agree with above, but I wouldn't say better, maybe better in some aspects....contesting the ball in the air...your more likely to block the ball with a random body part in Live...so it's hit and miss both ways...speaking of steals, I wish they would remove the delay when pressing the steal button..

EDIT: It would be fantastic if while they are adding in animations they add in defensive animations at the rim, I think that'd get me back into the game at least...game really reminds me of 2k13 in that aspect...just not enough counters to defend the basket...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-24-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #677
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Somewhat agree with above, but I wouldn't say better, maybe better in some aspects....contesting the ball in the air...your more likely to block the ball with a random body part in Live...so it's hit and miss both ways...

speaking of steals, I wish they would remove the delay when pressing the steal button...
i think the biggest issue is that players aren't always aware of other players body parts if that makes sense. like going up for a shot they may move the ball into a defenders arm because they dont realize where the ball is in relation to the defender. i think in time it will be worked out. but i like the the ball rarely goes through player bodies in this game.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #678
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
i think the biggest issue is that players aren't always aware of other players body parts if that makes sense. like going up for a shot they may move the ball into a defenders arm because they dont realize where the ball is in relation to the defender. i think in time it will be worked out. but i like the the ball rarely goes through player bodies in this game.

Yeah I honestly can't recall much ball warping...body warping, yes...but def not the ball...
Old 12-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #679
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Yeah, I still get my behind handed to me occasionally on Pro too. Most are just really competitive games.

I've not had this much fun with a game in a long time.

Working a strategy and executing in this game is unmatched in my eyes.
Hey WTF thanks for all the impressions. I'm enjoying live also. Quick question. How do you call a full time out on ps4? I know it's the middle touch pad for timeouts but I mostly get 20 seconds. I have managed to call a full timeout a few times but have no idea how I did it. Is it a particular region of the touchpad you have to press? Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #680
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
Not bad though I wish you could just hold l2 to defend the shot like in 2K.

Not a fan of double taps in button layouts for what should be simple maneuvers.

If you make holding L2 instant hand in face when a player goes up, or at least just up on the right stick, then you can make hold Y/Triangle straight up when jumping and just pressing Y/Triangle a block attempt.

Sent from my mobile device.
I'm on you on that one! Hand in face by pressing up on the stick would be much better then, hand up and arms up that they already have, which i feel don't work.

As long as we have the opportunity to do what we want. Cause I often find that I rather go up with hand ind the face, rather then block or straight up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »