Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #497
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It's been patched already. Twice.
boiler, were there any official details?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #498
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It's been patched already. Twice.
Apparently both day 1 patches jyoung said. Patched twice and then the Daily Synergy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
@WTF: Do you use default coach setting?
Yep, I use default coach settings. I saw Fiddy's thread, and genuinely interested, but I'm having great results as is, and don't want to risk breaking something that doesn't need fixing for me. Fiddy always does good work with stuff like that. But I'm seeing running teams push the ball as is, so I haven't changed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
my only issue here is that he only mentioned one occurrence of it happening. jordan has had good high scoring games. once in a while a 5-6ppg player will score 20. it happens. if it happened to him in every game he plays then yes there is definitely an issue. but just because that happened once doesnt mean its unrealistic.
It's been taken care of. It doesn't happen often, it's fine. No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
boiler, were there any official details?
I'm not Boiler, but nope. Just Minor Bug Fixes. They were both there upon release jyoung said. I just didn't get the second one installed the same time as the first I guess. "THE" patch that they were talking about hasn't been done yet.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #499
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Okay after playing for 19 hours of BB since I got it...I hate this game so much...

Defense is broken, nobody on your team has any ball awareness when it comes to loose balls, rebounding, etc.

People just move out the paint, when the CPU drives or passes on the inside..there is no lock down defense or anything.

Commentary bores the hell out of me........

Xbox One version still has outdated rosters and lineups, all player accessories are wrong, etc.

Playcalling is sloppy during gameplay.

Halftime is way too damn long...

on a good note the pace and court spacing is great!

Menu's and options are great, etc..soundtrack is amazing...
first off, i respect your thoughts etc on all sports games here.

defense works fine for me, players reach for steals, go hard after loose balls on the court and heading out of bounds etc.

lock down d is the left trigger, which im sure you know. that works for me. ive not noticed at all my team or cpu players just leaving the paint for an easy bucket.

all commentary bores the heck out of me on any game. but IMO its the best in the dynasty mode. talk about the seasons games, trades, signings, etc. but s till boring.

outdated rosters on xbox one? havent paid much attention to that, cant say if you right or wrong.

play calling is rough for sure, not very fluid. the cpu guys on a user team need to auto motion more than they do. maybe a patch fix here?

halftime is long, ive watched it twice and thats it.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #500
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows

Xbox One version still has outdated rosters and lineups, all player accessories are wrong, etc.

Playcalling is sloppy during gameplay.

Halftime is way too damn long...

on a good note the pace and court spacing is great!

Menu's and options are great, etc..soundtrack is amazing...
I noticed that on the demo. Now that is pitiful. We're almost 2 months into the season.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #501
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Agree with Fiddy, but like I said in our convo the other day, it isn't for everyone.

I actually enjoy the commentary style for whatever reason. I guess because its not the same story I've heard for the past 3-4 years. And like Fiddy said, dynasty commentary is the best of the game, bringing up what's going on in the dynasty. Pretty solid.

Rosters, can't comment on. PS4 are generally a few days behind when it actually happens, but overall pretty happy with the updates.

Defense works fine for me as well, not sure what you're doing wrong BS It's your fault, you stink at the game, learn the controls, lol. Seriously though, my PiP have been hovering between 45-55%, which I'll take any day of the week. It does take getting used to. I don't remember who I told, or where I said it, but I don't use the "lock down d" hardly at all on the perimeter. I use the stick to move my player, and that's it. I don't use the right stick for the slides, etc. I may use it occassionally to put my hands up if I'm daring a player to shoot. But if you're relying heavily on the Lock Down/Defense trigger, try easing off of it.

If I have time, I'll watch the half time and post game shows. They're much better than what I was thinking they'd be. Jalen is just too stiff though. I can't stand listening to him in real life either. Regardless, the stats and highlights they show are pretty on point. No "off" plays making it into the plays of the game, etc. The Who's Hot/Who's Cold is a great addition too. If they had more fluid commentary for these, it'd be on point. I like the stats, I like the videos they show, just not too high on Jalen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #502
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
I noticed that on the demo. Now that is pitiful. We're almost 2 months into the season.
Demo doesn't get the roster update I don't believe. I could be wrong though. I'm not sure if it's truly getting the Synergy update as a whole or not.

PS4 rosters are pretty solid. The jersey numbers are off on some players, but as long as those fixes come, I'm alright.

It's weird, pre-release everything on NBA Live was Xbox One, and everything from the other game was PS4. And here we are, PS4 seems to be getting the love on rosters, etc.

Anyone on the XBox One confirm/deny? Maybe it's user error or my dude BehindShadows
Old 12-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #503
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm on ps4 and i have retail version via my friend who literaly through the game in that trash lol... so my copy was free... but i have to agree with Bshadows, there is no defense in this game... how do i stop the bouncetek cheese, my buddy does the behind the dribbling all day to the paint for easy layup everytime, its very frustrating.. the game does some things well, but other things are just horrid
Old 12-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #504
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

For user vs user games, I have no clue either. I can't comment on that portion. I play against the CPU, and although the use Bouncetek to break me down (which I love), they don't cheese anything other than the post spin, which I've been able to control.

That does suck for guys who don't play strictly the CPU. I'm one of the last guys on earth probably who only play against the CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »