Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #465
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

my impresions with the game is that is a good alternative... i would say at the moment of a week of playing, I'll give it a 6.5-6.9 rating, maybe 7. Thats just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 0

But this game is too arcade or his a good simulation? On the web the review give no chance for this game, in particular for bad i.a. and bad graphic
Old 12-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #467
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Graphically speaking, the game is lacking behind. It's no slouch, but it's not exactly a next gen looking game.

Game in my eyes is a SIM experience, much like others have commented. Others say not so much. I've been around since OS's inception basically. My favorite NBA series has been the NBA Inside Drive series, due to the play style. It was a true SIM experience. If they can tweak a few things in this title, it will provide that same experience for me.

If you can download the demo, enjoy it for what it is, you'll love the full version. The demo is lacking in individual playstyles and Synergy updates, but the full game really shines here.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #468
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
The reviews are before the 2 bug fixes and Synergy being in full swing.
I can't speak for other websites, but that is not true for the Operation Sports review.

I started playing the retail version on the day of its release (November 19), and both title updates plus the Synergy feature were available on release day.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-15-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #469
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
for me the fact that there are no sliders is good, but reading the post I thought we were quoted, I ask you one last thing since you are so kind as to answer me, you who would you vote for nba live? to me that I am a big fan of nba me advice? (I've played nba 2k14 on ps3 then I would change)

As for which one you should get it's totally up to you but I will say this

I started on PS4 with 2k which played fine for me no issues. On Nov 22nd i sold/swapped for the Xbone with 2K & purchased Live. After giving the Xbone a good amount of time I made the decision to make a choice between the 2 consoles. I decided to ride with the PS4. So I sold the Xbone and repurchased the PS4 3 days ago from GameStop. Out of all the games that I played when I went to Best Buy to repurchase/trade the games that I didn't sell with the system the first game I got was Live 14 for the PS4. I got others but the one game I wanted more than any other was Live 14. I'm a basic guy and flash and bells and whistles are fine and all but I rather have fundamentals and this has it IMO. Others will disagree and I respect what they like/look for in a game

Play the demo and learn the controls and make a choice on what you feel not if others think it's Bad/Good. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #470
Rookie

I love nba inside drive series: -), i'm an old basket games player: but in your opinion why nba live 14 review is so bad? On the metacritic site there is some tremendous review (ps: i love nba live 10)
Old 12-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #471
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I can't speak for other websites, but that is not true for the Operation Sports review.

I started playing the retail version on the day of its release (November 19), and both title updates plus the Synergy feature were available on release day.
*Ahem (stand corrected), MOST reviews were posted on release day.

For me, the latest title update is from 12/6 I believe.

In regards to Synergy, I'm not sure if you've played the game lately or not, but between me starting with the demo, even starting with the full version, the game is vastly superior right now than it was then.

I'll attribute that to Synergy.

Again, all my opinion.

Last edited by WTF; 12-15-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #472
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

And you confirm the bad review with the patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »