Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #457
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
I'm undecided whether to take it or not, I have read many negative opinions I wanted to ask you who have the game a few things:
1) It is true that during the game there is the festival of the dunks?
2) there were patches to improve graphics and gameplay?
3) It is true that the graphics seem even PS2?

sorry for the bad english I write from Italy
i up my question
Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #458
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

1) Game is not a festival of dunks. There are several per game, but I'm seeing them less and less. Part of it is learning the defense more, and secondly things are being tweaked daily.
2) There are that improve gameplay, and there have been updates daily to Synergy. There's no official word on graphical update for Live 14.
3) No, the graphics are not PS2. That's absurd. It's graphics are better than Live 2010 on the 360 and PS3. It is at least on par with Last Gen graphics, but there is a photo thread and a video thread, make your own deductions.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #459
Rookie

ok thanks for the answer, but I also know there are sliders in the game? you share all the reviews that have panned nba live? or after the patch the game is really improved?
Old 12-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #460
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

The reviews are before the 2 bug fixes and Synergy being in full swing. The game in my opinion is 100x better than it was at release.

No sliders yet. I don't need them other than for fouls.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #461
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I have mine @ 100 and Nash has 4 fouls on 5 min qtrs. I did reach in on 1

Sent from my iPhone

for me the fact that there are no sliders is good, but reading the post I thought we were quoted, I ask you one last thing since you are so kind as to answer me, you who would you vote for nba live? to me that I am a big fan of nba me advice? (I've played nba 2k14 on ps3 then I would change)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 4

Really considering getting the retail copy. Been playing the demo a lot the last 2 weeks and I've been liking the game a lot more. It's a good change of pace for when I overload on 2K. Reminds me of the old days of having fun playing both. 2 different and fun experiences.

Anyways, I asked in the online thread, but who knows how long it will be before there is another post in there. I wanted to ask the guys that did have the retail copy if the online games had improved. That's really the only thing holding me back from getting it at the moment.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #463
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie dogs
for me the fact that there are no sliders is good, but reading the post I thought we were quoted, I ask you one last thing since you are so kind as to answer me, you who would you vote for nba live? to me that I am a big fan of nba me advice? (I've played nba 2k14 on ps3 then I would change)
There are foul sliders, and that is all. Off of my memory they are:
Reach In Foul
Loose Ball Foul
Charging Foul
Blocking Foul

I can't tell you one way or another. I can say that I made the change, and I am happy with my choice of game. If you can download the demo, and enjoy what the demo brings, you'll definitely enjoy the retail game, as it's vastly improved.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #464
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Really considering getting the retail copy. Been playing the demo a lot the last 2 weeks and I've been liking the game a lot more. It's a good change of pace for when I overload on 2K. Reminds me of the old days of having fun playing both. 2 different and fun experiences.

Anyways, I asked in the online thread, but who knows how long it will be before there is another post in there. I wanted to ask the guys that did have the retail copy if the online games had improved. That's really the only thing holding me back from getting it at the moment.
Wish I could answer this. Unfortunately I don't play online at all.

I can say that if you're enjoying the demo, you'll definitely enjoy the retail single player, as it's far and away a better experience. You started out like myself. Getting into the demo a day at a time. I'm loving my time with Live now. Great experience and I'm glad I made the leap.

But if you're an online player, I can't make any sort of recommendation. The last I heard, it was pretty laggy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »