Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #433
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I don't think anyone has made it seem that way at all, sir.
Unfortunately they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Not when Tyson Chandler is taking shots that he would never take. Many people can attest to this. Not when WTF is forced to double Deandre Jordan. Not when Andrea Bargnani tries to post up Jaokim Noah. Trying to spin baseline for a reverse layup.

Again, I'm only pointing out things that people have acknowledged that fly in the face of statements such as that.
Quote:
I'm sorry, but WTF should be able to just hold his position against Jordan, and not have to worry about doubling. He's not that good even with his unworldly physical gifts.
And then, there's this gem:

Quote:
So, you really don't feel it's scripted huh? Not even when dudes like Deandre Jordan require the need for WTF to actually double him in the post? Not even considering the foundation for this game is a SCRIPTING type system driven by Synergy stats and data? "Thou shalt take 20 shots this game because you did it last night even though you have 2 defenders on you all game!" Yes folks, once you see Synergy kick in the tendency data, you know who to stop and where. That alone has made the game too predictable. Doesn't matter because dudes start hitting impossible shots with 2 or 3 defenders in their grill. A player shoots 100% from the within 5 feet. All dunks in real life. But reverse lay ups in the game. Dudes like Deandre Jordan mind you.
Yet you try to point some of our impressions saying that unintentionally we have "outed" a negative aspect of the game. You are trying to justify your argument when you have NO CLUE, ZERO, why I am doubling down in the post on DeAndre.

Regardless, as an impression though, each time I turn on the game, it feels really good. Each team is a different animal, attacking you in different ways.

Synergy, unlike what's listed as above, is keeping guys playing to their strengths. Not telling them to shoot 20 times per game, just because they did last night. If that were the case, every game would play out the same.

On the contrary, my last 2 games against the Heat, one of them I held D-Wade to 2/12 shooting from the floor, my strategy was to back off of him. The next time I played him, same day, should have resulted in the same results if Synergy truly worked like that. No, he was attacking, and hitting this game. But he was attacking as D-Wade, doing things that D-Wade is doing.

I love playing the Heat in this game. Trying to figure out who is going to go off on me is a treat.

The game makes ME think about what strategy I want to use to try to stop things. That's why I'm enjoying this game as much as I am. It plays a really good game.

Agree with loadleft, it has the things that are important to "me" in a game. Just like Inside Drive. That game wasn't the prettiest of the 3 titles out during it's time, but it played the best game of SIM basketball. That's what this title is providing for me.

Last edited by WTF; 12-15-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm undecided whether to take it or not, I have read many negative opinions I wanted to ask you who have the game a few things:
1) It is true that during the game there is the festival of the dunks?
2) there were patches to improve graphics and gameplay?
3) It is true that the graphics seem even PS2?

sorry for the bad english I write from Italy
Old 12-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #435
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
You've said this about 10 different ways throughout this thread....what's the point of playing 2k with Live on your mind? Lol

You know what will really convince everyone that you are enjoying Live and that it should be taken seriously? When you don't have talk about the "other game", "other option", "other choice", "alternative" in all your complementary posts...

Until then, you just sound like you are trying to convince yourself...
What's the point in coming to this thread repeatedly to chime in if you don't like the game? What's the point of playing this game for "comic relief" as another poster stated a few pages back?

I don't think he's trying to "convince himself" that he likes Live...it sounds more like he was trying to convince himself that he liked 2K.

For the handful of us that like the game and enjoy sharing our experiences here, there are a handful of people telling us that we shouldn't like the game.

I realize that an impressions thread doesn't mean everything has to be positive. But it's pretty annoying when you have some people in here putting a lot of time in with this game and posting their impressions, only to have people say that they are trying to convince themselves that they are liking the game, or telling them they aren't seeing what they say they are seeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #436
Rookie

OVR: 4

WTF, you were right about Dirk. After reading your impressions about how he beat you in a multitude of ways, I wanted to go up against him. He was hitting 3's, posting up on the block, and mixing in a bit of a midrange game. Really good stuff.

On a side note, I think we all know that it's really hard to get offensive rebounds in this game. But, I ended up with 10 of them against the Mavs with the Pistons. I had never been Detroit before, but Monroe and Drummond were just constantly getting position on Dirk and Dalembert. It was really good to see.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #437
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I come on here to read impressions. Can we just keep it to impressions please??

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #438
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yes, this thread is an impressions thread. Leave it for impressions.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #439
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm wondering if the fouls are starting to be tweaked? Playing 5 min qtrs and the Mavs have went to the 6 times. Grant I did turn up the foul sliders

Currently playing the Mavs and I've noticed the animations have definitely been tweaked/messed with

I'm loving everything about this game for the most part. I'm wondering what else EA has planned for this game with the tweaks coming out??

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #440
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I come on here to read impressions. Can we just keep it to impressions please??
Trolls has side tracked things a bit. Folks are coming in here trying to sway us to go to the other side.

Impressions are positive for this game for the folks that have really put the time in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »