Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #137
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak50
Ignore the two posts above me comparing this to Live 10. It's maybe 15% of Live 10, no more..
You should probably read posts before advising people to disregard them...
Old 11-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #138
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Yup. Live 10 is far superior, sadly
Old 11-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, I don’t know, I may not be playing the same game as everybody else, but I actually loving this game, maybe is the fact that I get bored of the same gameplay all over again of the other game after been the same for so many years, but I think that this game is not half bad as reviewers and people around here are saying it is.
- Commentary is really good and exited, also is ESPN 1st team
- Presentation is the BEST in any sports game period and full ESPN!
- Sound overall is really great, the sound of the net is spot on, also, the ball sound, crowd is really excited and very smart in blow out games you can’t hear anything!
- Graphics are also really nice, could be better but c’mon! NBA live 10 or 2K whatever doesn’t looks better than this game, the floor and the reflections of the light are the best on any basketball game (including the other game)
- Gameplay is good, kind of realistic if you ask me, no more 3 after 3, or dunk after dunk, you really need to work to score, and most important this game is really fun!
If you are in the fence, give this game a chance, do not listen to all the bad reviews, maybe 2K is behind that, remember is all about the money, NBA Live 14 is not that bad.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #140
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Ignore the two posts above me comparing this to Live 10. It's maybe 15% of Live 10, no more.

- The animations in Live 10 were much better
- The controls were MUCH more responsive
- You could play decent D in Live 10
- Live 14 has almost no collision detection once a canned animation has started on a drive or dunk
- The commentary is 14 is disgraceful
- The jumpshot animations in Live 10 were better and had way more varied, signature one's
- The AI was 10 times better in Live 10
- The menus in Live 14 are sluggish

I could go on. But this is not Live 10. It is Elite and Live 13. I still have the Elite demo on my PS3 and there are extensive gameplay clips of the Live 13 beta on Youtube.
I wouldnt go that far and im not going to start arguing over varied opinion which yours is is one of completely sterness(David Sterness to be more exact)

But to piggy back on your toughts i have to quote you directly

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assessment.

Quote:
Ignore the two posts above me comparing this to Live 10. It's maybe 15% of Live 10, no more.

- Live 14 has almost no collision detection once a canned animation has started on a drive or dunk
- The jumpshot animations in Live 10 were better and had way more varied, signature one's

I could go on. But this is not Live 10. It is Elite and Live 13. I still have the Elite demo on my PS3 and there are extensive gameplay clips of the Live 13 beta on Youtube.
I wouldnt go that far and im not going to start arguing over varied opinion which yours is is one of completely sterness(David Sterness to be more exact)

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assesment.

Quote:

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assesment

Quote:

Now im NOT giving NBA Live 14 a pass hardly from that but from playing and EDITING NBA Live 10 and being one of the ones who worked on from a feedback standpoint position i have to say this abut NBA Live 14 after your assesment.

The animations are ON PAR with NBA Live 14 IF you play in EASPORTS CAM
The Controls are plentiful and you have to be patient and learn them the way you have to NBA 2K14 at first
You CAN play "decent" Defense in this game. basically the animations that are there for running back for defense are very varied the defender will actually run backward while LOOKING at the offensive player he HAS TO defend etc. Holding DOWN on he left bumper L2 locks you against the ball handler pretty well. Ontop of that though inside defense IS not that good NEITHER was it in NBA Live 10.
TRUE NBA Live has "almost no" collision detection but it IS there though it feels like maybe 10 animation play out on the outside and inside...
The commentary IS NOT disgraceful its just not next gen. feel alot like madden you can fault for that LOL EA is bad with commentary unless its Fifa
As far as jumpshots and sigs? Live 10 and NBA Live are a match i just feel some jumpshots have realistic timing and others arcadey and that holds true for dunking layups etc. About 50% of any shot animation are arcadey
the ai isnt bad its NBA Jam good though
havent had an issue wih nba live 14 menus in fact EVERYTHINGSAVES JUST FINE
Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #141
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
Well, I don’t know, I may not be playing the same game as everybody else, but I actually loving this game, maybe is the fact that I get bored of the same gameplay all over again of the other game after been the same for so many years, but I think that this game is not half bad as reviewers and people around here are saying it is.
- Commentary is really good and exited, also is ESPN 1st team
- Presentation is the BEST in any sports game period and full ESPN!
- Sound overall is really great, the sound of the net is spot on, also, the ball sound, crowd is really excited and very smart in blow out games you can’t hear anything!
- Graphics are also really nice, could be better but c’mon! NBA live 10 or 2K whatever doesn’t looks better than this game, the floor and the reflections of the light are the best on any basketball game (including the other game)
- Gameplay is good, kind of realistic if you ask me, no more 3 after 3, or dunk after dunk, you really need to work to score, and most important this game is really fun!
If you are in the fence, give this game a chance, do not listen to all the bad reviews, maybe 2K is behind that, remember is all about the money, NBA Live 14 is not that bad.
This game is flat out fun once you adjust coaching options for every team and set up you game right.

For me it feels like an edited NBALive 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #142
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This game is flat out fun once you adjust coaching options for every team and set up you game right.

For me it feels like an edited NBALive 10.
What settings are you changing to help paint defense?
Old 11-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #143
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What settings are you changing to help paint defense?
All set PM'd you 24th
Old 11-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #144
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Care to send it over to me as well Tomba. Really interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »