Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #57
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtucker710
They just need to bring in a whole new group and work on LIVE 15. Tweak LIVE 14 and suck it up, EA.
Isn't that exactly what they've been doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #58
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Give me decent graphics for a next gen game and ill buy it
Old 11-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtucker710
Not to sound like a wise guy or anything, but Electronic Arts is made up of numerous video game divisions. To be real about it, we can say the EA Sports division might be finished or in trouble (no golf or NCAA Football going forward) but they probably are not, and will be fine. EA has plenty of other games that make them a boat load of $$. Basketball nickels and dimes for the company as a whole. But they do not need a backlash or a basketball sim that gets ripped to shreds.
They just need to bring in a whole new group and work on LIVE 15. Tweak LIVE 14 and suck it up, EA.
I'd say fifa and bf are their only important franchises right now.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
First, the man is a producer, not a programmer. There a HUGE difference between the 2. Second, how long he's been there means nothing if he doesn't know how to run a team making a basketball game. That being said, the man can be a friggin genius, but if he doesn't have the team capable of executing his vision, it's all meaningless. People forget about the Tiburon brain drain a couple of years ago...
I won't blame brian, but the suits will and he'll get demoted or fired. Something leads me to believe the brass is not allocating resources in time to produce live. so S.O.B(lol get it?) had to make crucial choices involving the development of the game.

Now, I don't agree with what he said in his apology. It was half an apology. "We're sorry that YOU don't know how to play the game, so we'll twitch it to you" is what he basically said.

And the comment about focusing on graphics vs gameplay..as if the art team or vice versa is capable of pulling double duty and working in both departments. If he really had to make that choice, I feel bad for him and the shape the NBA dept is in that company.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #61
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
Give me decent graphics for a next gen game and ill buy it
Can players move like human beings too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #62
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo

Now, I don't agree with what he said in his apology. It was half an apology. "We're sorry that YOU don't know how to play the game, so we'll twitch it to you" is what he basically said.

And the comment about focusing on graphics vs gameplay..as if the art team or vice versa is capable of pulling double duty and working in both departments. If he really had to make that choice, I feel bad for him and the shape the NBA dept is in that company.
Exactly how I feel. Also, what about the thank you? He thanks the people that still support them? Does that include the people that bought the game, but are bold enough to say it is not a good game? Middle finger to you complainers even if you supported us the only way we really care about?
Old 11-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #63
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Can players move like human beings too?
For a next gen game i can't believe that everybody moves like robots
Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Exactly how I feel. Also, what about the thank you? He thanks the people that still support them? Does that include the people that bought the game, but are bold enough to say it is not a good game? Middle finger to you complainers even if you supported us the only way we really care about?
"We're sorry it didn't live up to your expectations but it lived up to ours. Thanks for buying our game, [chuckles] supporters."

one's thing for sure. That wasn't an apology.That was just as bad as a comment as when Lebron said that he spoiled Cleveland fans with his play a few years ago. Or what the snapchat ceo said when he ripped his friend off.

There's a possibility he could be rubbing it in EA's Face for giving him and the dev team the short stick.

"We're sorry it didn't live up to your expectations but it lived up to ours. We knew this game would be **** without the allocated resources and the reg dev cycle for a launch dev game. you can thank EA for that. but since I'm contractually obligated, EA has forced us to market chicken **** as chicken salad."

You can tell devs want no blame for this. I never hear people bring up another gaming company bring up a dev cycle as a defense mechanism until this year. "We didn't have 3 years. we had 1, meaning its not their fault the game is ****. and to a degree, they have a point, but its also the industry they are in. They HAVE to produce, even in a year. To produce that, is kinda embarrassing. But as video games get more powerful, more manpower is needed for games. So I understand both sides of the coin.

Last edited by yungflo; 11-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »