Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
EA isn't as good as they used to be ... it wont matter
Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeum445
You are right BUT they have the Financial Backing to bring in the RIGHT people and software and fix the game. They have all the Money they were using for NCAA Football to put into Live and Make it ALOT better. As most of you Know I have been a MAJOR 2k guy, but they have become Complacent because they have No competition. Live coming back strong will make it BEST for ALL Basketball gamers, No matter WHICH game you support.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
In all honestly, you nailed it Chris. Your list is quite long and comprehensive, which is a sign to me that EA Sports simply can't work off the current build and has to build Live from the ground up. But to say that this isn't going to happen would be an understatement.

I'm not "fanboying" -- I'm basing my opinion off of the recent history of this series. It's become evident that for whatever reason, EA Sports' programmers and art team just can't figure out how to make a SEMI-realistic representation of basketball -- Mike Wang must contain the secret information that he took with him when he went from Live to 2K after Live 10. If you've played the NBA Elite 11 demo and then played NBA Live 14, they play a lot closer than EA Sports wants us to think.

We can make a list of everything Live needs to fix, but at the end of the day, I'd be shocked if they fixed at least half of the list in the next 2 or 3 years. And once again, EA Sports will just be setting itself up for failure.

Like some of the people on these boards, I think the best option is to scrap NBA Live altogether -- the series has been tarnished to the point that it's beyond repair.
b.s. -- Sean O'Brien has been a lead programmer for 15 or so years at EA SPORTS. He should know what he's doing, and I believe he does. Something had to have happen while in dev. no excuse for a poor game release. They likely had to just get it out and were not finished yet.
Very strange. I don't get it. Something had to have happened in the circles of the production team for this to occur.
Bottom line is that EA knows that they don't have the market to make a profit off LIVE, knowing how good 2K is. But damn, you had a chance to redeem yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbatrucco
It's not a question of what to fix, it's a question of total rebuilding.
Rember what Mike Wang say to ESPN when he leaves EA in 2010? I will remember to all of you:

"When I went over there (to EA), a lot of it was for personal reasons. I wanted to try something new, try a new challenge. But after being there and spending some time over at EA, it was clear that they do things a different way, and in a way it's just inefficient and just not the place to be to make the best games,"

And then what's happen? EA fails with Nba Elite 11. Disappeared in 2012 and 2013 and return for next gen with this impractical Nba Live 14.

EA has failed to improve. It has been sitting on its laurels in the middle of the past decade not realizing that behind the 2K advancing at double speed. When the EA has been overtaken by 2K (2005?) the rate of improvement in the 2K was so high that then there was no more competition.
What is worse, for me, is that EA has had three years to work for the NBA Live and this is the result.
I do not give any hope to the EA for what concerns the basketball. There is no race.
The EA has proven that he can not change, because to compete with NBA 2K you have to change everything and start from scratch. Everything.
Not to sound like a wise guy or anything, but Electronic Arts is made up of numerous video game divisions. To be real about it, we can say the EA Sports division might be finished or in trouble (no golf or NCAA Football going forward) but they probably are not, and will be fine. EA has plenty of other games that make them a boat load of $$. Basketball nickels and dimes for the company as a whole. But they do not need a backlash or a basketball sim that gets ripped to shreds.
They just need to bring in a whole new group and work on LIVE 15. Tweak LIVE 14 and suck it up, EA.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukeum445
Madde 25 & NCAA 14 were pretty damn good.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #54
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtucker710
b.s. -- Sean O'Brien has been a lead programmer for 15 or so years at EA SPORTS. He should know what he's doing, and I believe he does. Something had to have happen while in dev. no excuse for a poor game release. They likely had to just get it out and were not finished yet.
Very strange. I don't get it. Something had to have happened in the circles of the production team for this to occur.
Bottom line is that EA knows that they don't have the market to make a profit off LIVE, knowing how good 2K is. But damn, you had a chance to redeem yourself.
but why do they keep releasing unfinished product? Especially when Live is on thin ice already? This is a terrible decision. If the gme wasn't finished, they should have released it when it was ready. Even if it was next summer.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #55
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
You are right BUT they have the Financial Backing to bring in the RIGHT people and software and fix the game. They have all the Money they were using for NCAA Football to put into Live and Make it ALOT better. As most of you Know I have been a MAJOR 2k guy, but they have become Complacent because they have No competition. Live coming back strong will make it BEST for ALL Basketball gamers, No matter WHICH game you support.
I don't know where you people get the "no competition" mess. There was only ONE year where everyone knew Live wasn't coming out and that was 2011. 2k11 was developed alongside Elite. 2k13 had the specter of Live 13. And now this year. So, where is this complacency? Seems to me the facts don't support the "no competition" platform or your claims of complacency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #56
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtucker710
b.s. -- Sean O'Brien has been a lead programmer for 15 or so years at EA SPORTS. He should know what he's doing, and I believe he does.

First, the man is a producer, not a programmer. There a HUGE difference between the 2. Second, how long he's been there means nothing if he doesn't know how to run a team making a basketball game. That being said, the man can be a friggin genius, but if he doesn't have the team capable of executing his vision, it's all meaningless. People forget about the Tiburon brain drain a couple of years ago...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »