Home

How To Fix NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on How To Fix NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Good read JY. If EA is committed to fixing Live they just need to copy and paste this to a cork/black board in a meeting room and start marking off things as they goo. With these consoles there's not reason to get them fixed.

And if EA really wanted to please the fans, they should give some kind of deal to those that did purchase Live 14
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
I hate to say it, but erase the source code and fire everybody.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3
They should have never made this game. They know that can't compete with 2k with a game so flawed. Just cancel the series all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Impossible to fix
Old 11-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

Realistically, at this point, they can't afford to scrap the entire game and start over because that would mean embarking on another 3-years plan.

They're stuck between a rock and a hard place; the current foundation is not strong enough but fans certainly will not (save for the usual suspects) accept another refresh.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
while i do agree with some of this list most of it is ridiculous. half of the things on this list arent in any game to date. the crashing issues are console related and not specific to the game.

basically what i just read is that in order for this game to be worth $60 it must be 100% perfect.
Examples of the ridiculous suggestions?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashless
Normally, I would take the humanized approach and stand up for the individual Live team members -- "They have families they need to take care of, just like you and me!"

However, I'll put it in a more subtle fashion... people DO need to be let go "to seek other opportunities." It's hard to say exactly who because we don't know the inner bureaucratic workings of EA Sports. For all we know, the programmers and art team could have designed a solid-playing and visually more impressive game if it wasn't for the "higher-ups" wanting to "innovate," which could have sacraficed those areas. We can't be so quick to blame the individual programmers and art team.

However, I know at least a few people who logically should be up****** their resume (but of course, won't be) -- Andrew Wilson, Peter Moore and Sean O'Brien (well, Sean O'Brien might not be AS safe). They are the three individuals who allowed a product of this quality to release, and they are the three individuals who could have stopped it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashless
They did that with ELITE 11. I think it has more to do with the higher ups then the devs. I think the higher ups are screwing the workers. How do you have three years to work on a title and not come up with anything? Live 11,13,and 14 all looked rush Like developers are trying to meet some deadline.

EAC produced Skate. They make some great games. Tiuburon or however you spell it, doesn't have a great track record.

I think the ea suits simply aren't taking this title seriously. They are procrastinating and not putting enough resorces to the game cause they believe its live, it'll sell on the name, and they probably feel the need to cut down costs.

Its crazy to think they only have one dev cycle. 2k14 ps4 had two years of development...yet live only had one? crazy decision by upper managament. the devs are the scapegoat, while there is some fault with them, it doesn't stick with them. If they had more time, they make a better game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »