Home

NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #73
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Y
Teams do NOT play like themselves. It's all the same bull**** from every team in the game. Isolate a random player on the wing, turn around jumper. Bull****. If any of you have ever played NCAA Basketball 10, this SAME exact problem is in that game. HOW?!!?! How does this even happen!? With all this Synergy data EA was talking about, this might be some of the dumbest AI iv'e ever experienced in a game. Flat out trash!

So glad you point this out this game feel as barebones as that college game my friend(and i only DARE to venture playing the demo!)

For me if it had sliders and roster editing then at least i could fufill my editing appetite witht he game like i did with NBA Live last gen but i cant.
Synergy is not enough of a pull for me i still want the bility to CONTROL MY STUFF.
The excuse of one EAsports quote from one of their commercials - "hey if a players not playing right the "tweet them to player better" rather than having that control be INSTANTANEOUS with roster editing.

I cant begin to tell you i was AMPED for having Live back i got SUPER worried about madden but madden 25 on next gen is real good as is fifa if we are to talk ea's credibility with sports games, but Live doesnt just fall short it falls back to the starting point of NBA LIve 06 on past gen.

Does anyone actually realize that if the game plays and looks like this now(animation wise) there's no way next yr is going to be THAT much better it'd take a transformation of metiord to metriod prime proportions for hat to happen. Which means over 100 ppl. working on it.

I have a question and it wont be answered but it something to consider management wise....

why wasnt there ONE day allocated to player faces and model. Something where the lead producer said...
"OK guys we've got all the players back from the designers and got their faces and bodies and today from 7am to 5pm we are looking at JUST THAT until we can give it back to the designers and have them FIX it....
"

It looks like there was NO such meeting or game strategy or planning of this thats why it looks OFF as well...

The why didnt the lead producer go..."ok guys thurs we spend 7am to 5pm looking at JUST animations in context to the game"

Wouldnt these two things have made the world of difference?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #74
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

I have a question and it wont be answered but it something to consider management wise....

why wasnt there ONE day allocated to player faces and model. Something where the lead producer said...
"OK guys we've got all the players back from the designers and got their faces and bodies and today from 7am to 5pm we are looking at JUST THAT until we can give it back to the designers and have them FIX it....
"

It looks like there was NO such meeting or game strategy or planning of this thats why it looks OFF as well...

The why didnt the lead producer go..."ok guys thurs we spend 7am to 5pm looking at JUST animations in context to the game"

Wouldnt these two things have made the world of difference?
im going to go ahead and assume youve never been involved with programming or 3d animation before. it takes wayyyyyy longer than one day to do that kind of work.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #75
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im going to go ahead and assume youve never been involved with programming or 3d animation before. it takes wayyyyyy longer than one day to do that kind of work.

I think you misread my statement or i didnt make myself clear.

In NOWAY was i implying that they fix it in one day. Im just saying for them to take two days one day to "review" player faces and models and another day to "review" animations in context to the game..

two days to identify the VISUAL problems of the game the way WE see it once we get it in our hands. Thats the first thing i see player model and then animations in context tot he game.

IF they took THIS approach i bet we'd ALL be humming a different tune that wa son this game instead

So to be clear i wasnt saying ONE day each to fix those problems one day each to IDENTIFY them as we can identify them as we have in the demo of the game(sad for those trusting the final product)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #76
Pro

imdahman's Arena

OVR: 6
Didn't someone from OS at one point preview the game and say it was a day 1 purchase? What happened there?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:46 AM   #77
Rookie

the game is awful ...its funny how pepole try to compare it to 2k ...2k is 100 miles ahead of live right now ...but u have a few guys that will try to find something to say like "MAN LIVE MENUS AND ARENA SOUNDS ARE BETTER THEN 2K" LOL ..THEY IGNORE THE FACT THAT THE GAME IS AWFUL AND SHOULDNT BE A NEXT GEN TITTLE FOR 60 BUCKS ... THE GUY FROM EA THAT APOLOGIZE SUCKS..I DONT EXCEPT YOUR APOLOGY HE KNEW IT WAS GARBAGE BEFORE IT WAS RELEASE I DIDNT HEAR HIM SAYING NOTHING THEN ..THEY WAS HYPING IT UP ... THATS LIKE KNOWINGLY SELLING A PERSON A CAR THATS A LEMON THEN APOLIGIZING AFTER THEY BUY IT ,...LOL NO REFUND
Old 11-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #78
Just started!

Smile Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

I just want to know is there anyone out there who believes that Sean O'Brien is going to stay true to his word and truly try to make NBA Live about a better basketball game.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #79
Rookie

damn people. we know competition is good. stop repeating that. You say it as if 2k had legal rights only to make an NBA game. the Only company you should bring up that word to is EA, The best years of 2k is when Live was deceased. Some people/companies are self motivators...
And dont forget the best nba live was 2010 ..that was when they had mike wang 2ks designer....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »