Home

NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

did people really go out and buy this game? I can for real see the sales being ZERO after the first week is over
Old 11-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just hooked up my PS3 & PS4 side by side both on HD screens, PS3 playing NBA LIVE 10 & the PS4 playing LIVE 14 (Demo), and IMO opinion I'd have stayed with Live 10, I have no idea why they did what they did but its terrible, how can a game thats 4 years old out play a next generation game? Presentation wise with ESPN broadcasting Live 14 looks better, but everything else is over shadowed by Live 10, even the movement is better, I had a mate doing the same crossovers as me at the same time and Live 10 performed them better. I hope someone from the Live 14 team is looking at these boards because they should know how we all feel about the crap they tried to serve us, shm!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #51
Rookie

Kyrie betta hurry up and get his face off this game.This could end his career! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'm going to say probably yes because that is what Backbreaker did; what you're describing is contact between two objects. It would probably even make developers lives easier as well considering they wouldn't have to motion capture falls, small bumps, contact in paint, posterization dunks if the tech was employed.

If you look at the Natural Motions' technology Euphoria and Morpheme, and what people have been able to do with it (as seen on youtube), it's definitely possible I think. Imagine if one of those youtubers decided a perfectly create a Lebron James model and use Euphoria/Morpheme. This technology is about self preservation from bodily harm.

One of the faults with this engine as seen in Backbreaker is the lack of weight. Some of the hits, contacts would result in bodies flying high in the air. If only they could move the center of gravity on the models lower to the ground towards the knee caps or shin, that might have stopped these strange flying in the air effect.

When you said no two plays were the same, aren't we simply talking about the tackles?

Morpheme with Euphoria combines all the power of Morpheme with the intelligent, self-animating AI of the Euphoria engine.
have to find a way to incorporate physics further and better, Physics exist in real life so it should be in games
Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgoDuane
Why is anyone surprised by this game? Look at who is making it. EA sports refuses to acknowledge or understand the idea of Real-Time Physics in sports games. They continue to use canned animations with scripted outcomes. Whatever happened to creating player models from scratch and using physics to create the animations?

Why is this so hard to do? I don't understand why motion capture is still acceptable on a next-gen system, with any sports game. And no one has been able to give me an answer yet. I mean, we saw backbreaker figure out the real-time physics so that no two plays were ever the same. THAT is truly next-gen. But, scripted animations and motion-capture are totally 2005.

While madden on ps4 is an improvement over ps3, it still uses the same canned animation and motion capture. Where is the REAL-TIME PHYSICS? And when will we get these in a sports game?

Also, NBA 2K14 does this same thing. How come some small, independent, EUROPEAN company can figure out real-time physics and create non-scripted outcomes and yet American companies either can't do it or refuse to do it. It doesn't make any sense to me. Is it really that hard?

I know backbreaker was not a great game, but that was mostly due to the camera angle and the inability to change it.

And I'm not saying that basketball games or any sports games should be like that game. All I'm saying is that the technology is clearly there to use real-time physics and non-scripted outcomes. How come no one is using that for next-gen games?
and they will gladly take your money for this ****!! it a Shame
Old 11-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #54
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

Old 11-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #55
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgoDuane
@grodtooreal... I know it wasn't your excuse, but if that's EA's excuse, then that's the sorriest excuse I've ever heard in my life. That's shameful. If that is truly their excuse, then it's no surprise they were voted worst company in America. It's easy to see why with that level of distorted logic.
why doesn't sony buy the rights to NBA? just look at mlb the show series, best baseball game ever made by sony. nba- live and nhl are big disappointments from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #56
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozcore
why doesn't sony buy the rights to NBA? just look at mlb the show series, best baseball game ever made by sony. nba- live and nhl are big disappointments from EA.
They did make nba games and quit because they struggled. I want them to come back though and make money off the Xbox crowd also

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »