Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #281
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
What is "it" referring to?
Here's the full article from a few months ago.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...building-years

Pray 24 times each day.

George bless everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #282
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

"If I look at our path, we had a lot of disruption," O'Brien said. "The game moved from Vancouver to Orlando after limited success and some failure. We retooled our management team and our roster. And we're going to see some success this year. But in a couple years? Look out. We're going to be in a position where I think we'll be redefining this category."

Ill believe it when I see it. 14 is not a good start IMO
Old 11-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #283
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

I think the game is pretty good, you just have to learn how to play, you can't go in expecting to play like 2k and have success on Live. Lives top mistake in my opinion was not putting a mandatory tutorial before you play the game to teach users how to play. For anyone just getting the game and deciding to play without reading up about it first it's terrible.

Yet, I've heard countless people say the more I play the more I like it.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #284
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I think the game is pretty good, you just have to learn how to play, you can't go in expecting to play like 2k and have success on Live. Lives top mistake in my opinion was not putting a mandatory tutorial before you play the game to teach users how to play. For anyone just getting the game and deciding to play without reading up about it first it's terrible.

I did not expect it to be like 2k.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #285
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O

I didn't expect it to play like 2K either. You make it sound like people don't like it because it doesn't play like 2k. Well my friend you missed the entire point. You see, while I feel 2k is a better game.. I also realize 2k does NOT have a monopoly on "great basketball games". It's not like there can only be ONE great basketball game per year lol. Live had just as much opportunity to make a game, while different from 2k, just as good or BETTER in it's own right. They didnt. That's the general consensus.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #286
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Live 10 had a niche of fans and I bet the majority of guys who were posting on these Live boards loved Live 10. And we know Live 10 was nothing like 2k. But it was fun to play and was a good 2nd option. 14 isn't even on that same level 10 was
Old 11-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 5

Adult consumers should not be making excuses for publishers or development studios. This poster realizes what many of the excuse makers do not.

davon6 from the NLSC forums:

To be fair I think the argument as to this being a new entry after a break isn't valid at all. These developers have had years... not months, not days, years to produce a decent product. Are we to suddenly believe this is EA's first time at making a hoops game? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't EA create NBA games before 2k even existed? I mean live is not a new basketball IP by any stretch. The excuse that they are just starting out is bogus at best. I mean seriously, I'm in the graphic arts profession and if you gave me years to work on a project you better believe it better be some of the best stuff I've ever created.

The world functions on deadlines and time management gents. So the true question here would be what happened with their time management? So to say oh this is their first game back after a break is nonsense, there was no break. Supposedly these developers were working on this game during this so called break which is why they kept postponing a release. In fact did they not pull the game a couple times because of being unsatisfied with the state of the products development?

Don't get me wrong, I wanted the game to succeed like any fan of the live series from back in the good ole days but this is inexcusable. If anything, with the time they were given the game should have been a showcase of innovation and creativity. At some point you have to accept that this game is what it is, a lazy attempt to re-enter a market that EA helped to establish to begin with. Shame on them. Don't kid yourself, some bigwigs at EA will not be very happy with this. I'm fairly certain they don't like losing money and its games like this that can cost jobs.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #288
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Maybe this is why Hibbert was playing like a guard in that review

http://youtu.be/W-dGxEVwiX8

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »