Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #273
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

I've been playing with auto motion turned on from the very beginning and it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.

There's still a lot of standing around off the ball on both ends of the court.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #274
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

I can't believe this thread got so many more post after my post. This section of the forum is usually dead. A lot of ppl just want to trash NBA Live 14 I see, so this is my last post since I was only playing it just to try it out myself and don't care for the fanboy crap. This is actually my first time playing Live since the PS2 and always played 2K basketball.

The demo is fully featured so you can actually tell if you'll like the game or not. The first time I played it I did not like it one bit but it was because I'm so used to 2K's controls and didn't know WTF to do. I already knew the graphics were going to look like sh!t so I wasn't expecting much. Since making my last post I probably played 5 more games.

Like I said the presentation is spot on. The game seems to have all the teams mascots and realistic courts compared to 2Ks. While playing on the Cavs court I noticed that the wine colored lights shined on the crowd like they do in real life. So EA did went all out on in the detail department.

As for game play and graphics that's where the game needs work. I couldn't figure out how to back down players with Bynum. Close shots went in to easy for the CPU. CPU teammates stand around and don't move when you stand at the top of the 3pt line, but I'm positive that's because i'm not running a play. Which I can't figure out. I press the run play button and I get things like iso, post up, ect....but not and actual plays. I did feel like it was easy to get into the paint if I set a perfect pick. Also finding out the game doesn't have sliders is sad. Rebounding is bad and I also don't like how the ball goes in the net it just looks weird.

When you install the Live demo enter your Origin account you can see EA is up****** the players in the background. It shows the roster records getting updated. Hell i'm still waiting for 2K to update next gen 2K14 rosters. Like I said before EA does have something here and the game isn't all that.. they just need to continue to build on it and fix those character graphics.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #275
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I can't believe this thread got so many more post after my post. This section of the forum is usually dead. A lot of ppl just want to trash NBA Live 14 I see, so this is my last post since I was only playing it just to try it out myself and don't care for the fanboy crap. This is actually my first time playing Live since the PS2 and always played 2K basketball.

The demo is fully featured so you can actually tell if you'll like the game or not. The first time I played it I did not like it one bit but it was because I'm so used to 2K's controls and didn't know WTF to do. I already knew the graphics were going to look like sh!t so I wasn't expecting much. Since making my last post I probably played 5 more games.

Like I said the presentation is spot on. The game seems to have all the teams mascots and realistic courts compared to 2Ks. While playing on the Cavs court I noticed that the wine colored lights shined on the crowd like they do in real life. So EA did went all out on in the detail department.

As for game play and graphics that's where the game needs work. I couldn't figure out how to back down players with Bynum. Close shots went in to easy for the CPU. CPU teammates stand around and don't move when you stand at the top of the 3pt line, but I'm positive that's because i'm not running a play. Which I can't figure out. I press the run play button and I get things like iso, post up, ect....but not and actual plays. I did feel like it was easy to get into the paint if I set a perfect pick. Also finding out the game doesn't have sliders is sad. Rebounding is bad and I also don't like how the ball goes in the net it just looks weird.

When you install the Live demo enter your Origin account you can see EA is up****** the players in the background. It shows the roster records getting updated. Hell i'm still waiting for 2K to update next gen 2K14 rosters. Like I said before EA does have something here and the game isn't all that.. they just need to continue to build on it and fix those character graphics.
How can a presentation be spot on if the commentary is below average at best? I'm not here to trash NBA Live. I'm speaking facts on why I had faith they were finally going to make a good game and I feel they lied and left me again disappointed. I've bought every single Live on nearly every platform ever made back to Lakers VS Celts on the Sega Genesis. YES. Every one. IMO You're in denial if Live 10, 09 and even 08 do not play better than 14. Which they most certainly do in nearly every facet. I'm in no way suggesting there is no fun to be had ,but this doesn't feel like basketball to me. If it played like NBA Live 10, iwould have been happy, but its not even to 10's level. They can strut pretty menu screens, synergy, and roster updates every 20 minutes but does not erase the fact the game itself is close to being completely broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #276
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
How can a presentation be spot on if the commentary is below average at best? I'm not here to trash NBA Live. I'm speaking facts on why I had faith they were finally going to make a good game and I feel they lied and left me again disappointed. I've bought every single Live on nearly every platform ever made back to Lakers VS Celts on the Sega Genesis. YES. Every one. IMO You're in denial if Live 10, 09 and even 08 do not play better than 14. Which they most certainly do in nearly every facet. I'm in no way suggesting there is no fun to be had ,but this doesn't feel like basketball to me. If it played like NBA Live 10, iwould have been happy, but its not even to 10's level. They can strut pretty menu screens, synergy, and roster updates every 20 minutes but does not erase the fact the game itself is close to being completely broken.
Commentary isn't all that bad but I also didn't sit their dissecting it. I'm a 2K guy and never played any of those Lives so I can't answer that.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #277
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Good for you if you like it, I just don't see how you can ignore the most noticable and outrageous problems 14 has.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #278
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Good for you if you like it, I just don't see how you can ignore the most noticable and outrageous problems 14 has.
I'm sure if I liked it I would go out and purchase it. All I said is the game isn't that bad and it has potential. 2K would really have to mess up badly to make me get Live.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #279
Pro

OVR: 6

"One of the things people ask is, how's it not going to happen again? Well number one, we can't let it happen again."

-Daryl Holt, NBA Live Vice President and GM.

Pray 24 times each day.

George bless everyone.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #280
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpax1º1
"One of the things people ask is, how's it not going to happen again? Well number one, we can't let it happen again."

-Daryl Holt, NBA Live Vice President and GM.
What is "it" referring to?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »