Home

NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #65
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

I think in reality they only have been working on next gen 2 years max
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
2k also had a foundation to build from. and im not making excuses. all im saying is that people are going in with unreal expectations and then get disappointed when theyre not met. that leads to much harsher comments than what is actually deserved.

Im pretty sure most people did not have high expectations for this game because of their shaky past. They should have at least applied a better effort then this game, because the game they produced four years ago(NBA Live 10) played a better game of basketball all around then this. My buddy was on twitch the other day talking to Scott O Gallagher and Sean O. Brian, and they basically admitted that this game was a test game, so they could get feedback for their next iterations. To release a game in this state for $60 on the next gen consoles and expect people to trust them or EA again is telling. They had a foundation in NBA Live 10 as well, but they decided to discard it because it belonged to Mike Wang. Im glad they are getting negative reviews with good detail explaining their issues, so they can understand clearly this time around.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 18
Z
Quote:
2k also had a foundation to build from. and im not making excuses. all im saying is that people are going in with unreal expectations and then get disappointed when theyre not met. that leads to much harsher comments than what is actually deserved.
They knew what the competition was producing. They consciously released a product they knew wasn't up to par. It's obvious they knew with the w withhold of information. They should have seen this and lowered the price point. But they didn't do that. They started the hype train in an attempt to pull the wool over consumers eyes. The outrage is justified in my opinion.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #68
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Yeah well maybe the NBA Live team should have built off the foundation of Live 10. It's so painfully obvious that they have NO clue what to do when it comes to making a basketball game.

I don't care if any of you Live fans label me as trolling, because I was the biggest Live fan ever from 1994 all the way up until about 2000 when 2K came in and showed me what a true basketball sim should be.

Live 05 was the very last time I had fun with a Live game before 10. 10 was awesome, it had it's problems, but it was actually more fun than 2K that year.

The fact that Mike Wang had to leave the EA Sports NBA team because in his words, they didn't want to go into the direction he wanted, tells me all I need to know about EA sports and their practices. Could you imagine where Live would be now if they let Wang have creative freedom?

Give me a break, this game is BAD. Bad isn't even a word to describe it, it's embarrassing for the developers, and the people that shelled out 60 dollars for this game, and the people trying to make excuses for it being good.

MAYBE if everyone wasn't stuck in quicksand, and the response times actually made a lick of sense, this game could get over the 3/10 rating iv'e given it; And the only reason it gets that 3 is because of the presentation. When you have a guy like Tiago Splitter being the focal point of the Spurs offense, 7 strait possessions down the court, where he gets a jump hook over Marc Gasol everytime for a swish, something needs to change.

Teams do NOT play like themselves. It's all the same bull**** from every team in the game. Isolate a random player on the wing, turn around jumper. Bull****. If any of you have ever played NCAA Basketball 10, this SAME exact problem is in that game. HOW?!!?! How does this even happen!? With all this Synergy data EA was talking about, this might be some of the dumbest AI iv'e ever experienced in a game. Flat out trash!

I'm honestly mad at the fact that they really released this game to the public and called it an accurate representation of NBA Basketball. It's a joke over there, and anyone who buys this game fell for it. Hook, line and sinker.

Last edited by Gosens6; 11-21-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0
Same feeling I got when I bought Live 07 is what I had playing this. Indefensible for a game on this generation of systems.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #70
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yeah well maybe the NBA Live team should have built off the foundation of Live 10. It's so painfully obvious that they have NO clue what to do when it comes to making a basketball game.

I don't care if any of you Live fans label me as trolling, because I was the biggest Live fan ever from 1994 all the way up until about 2000 when 2K came in and showed me what a true basketball sim should be.

Live 05 was the very last time I had fun with a Live game before 10. 10 was awesome, it had it's problems, but it was actually more fun than 2K that year.

The fact that Mike Wang had to leave the EA Sports NBA team because in his words, they didn't want to go into the direction he wanted, tells me all I need to know about EA sports and their practices. Could you imagine where Live would be now if they let Wang have creative freedom?

Give me a break, this game is BAD. Bad isn't even a word to describe it, it's embarrassing for the developers, and the people that shelled out 60 dollars for this game, and the people trying to make excuses for it being good.

MAYBE if everyone wasn't stuck in quicksand, and the response times actually made a lick of sense, this game could get over the 3/10 rating iv'e given it; And the only reason it gets that 3 is because of the presentation. When you have a guy like Tiago Splitter being the focal point of the Spurs offense, 7 strait possessions down the court, where he gets a jump hook over Marc Gasol everytime for a swish, something needs to change.

Teams do NOT play like themselves. It's all the same bull**** from every team in the game. Isolate a random player on the wing, turn around jumper. Bull****. If any of you have ever played NCAA Basketball 10, this SAME exact problem is in that game. HOW?!!?! How does this even happen!? With all this Synergy data EA was talking about, this might be some of the dumbest AI iv'e ever experienced in a game. Flat out trash!

I'm honestly mad at the fact that they really released this game to the public and called it an accurate representation of NBA Basketball. It's a joke over there, and anyone who buys this game fell for it. Hook, line and sinker.
I feel your pain man and I certainly do not think you're trolling. I was also a Live 10 lover. I still play to this day and the fact that this next gen game is much worse is sad indeed. In fact I actually forked out Live 08 last night and that even plays better than 14. Someone at EA needs to have a job where they are the person who is hired to play their final product and deem it worthy . They obviously have nobody there who does that. Truthfully they prolly just don't care
Old 11-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #71
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
yup. 4 years to make a game on consoles that havent been available for devs for more than 2. but yea. 4 years.
Actually, LESS than 2 years...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #72
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Yup. I did also know the dev cycle was under 2 years. Clearly not enough time for EA to get it right. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »