Home

NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #57
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Next-Gen First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
All hail Lord Jesus Bynum
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
if next gen mean ps3 it should be a fine game.........yes........... a fine game
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #59
Just started!

ha ha ha....EA got yall gas'd with that stupid azz movie they showed yall at E3!!!!! Told yall not to expect them to dethrone 2k....and Madden would be in the same situation if they didnt monopolize and buy rights, because they saw nfl2k coming. SMART MOVE LIVE SHOULDVE DID THE SAME THING...lmao
Old 11-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEgoDuane
@strawberryshortcake.

Thank you. This is the best answer I have received yet on why RTP are not being used in games. Fair enough with the comment about signature styles. But, I still have a couple of questions. How did backbreaker make it so that no two plays were ever the same and the outcome was different on every single play? And the players' bodies, etc. contorted so beautifully and physics were actually used to determine outcomes.

Isn't there a way to use motion capture for signature styles AND incorporate real-time physics? For example, if LeBron James is Mo-capped and he is driving to the lane in traffic, isn't there a way for his animation to be interrupted in an infinite number of ways through physics and collision detection and what not in the lane on his way to the basket to make the outcome completely random and determined in real-time based on the calculations of the animations and the physics? Like, if LeBron was hit in a certain area of the body that caused him to try and lay it in from a certain angle at a certain velocity, it would be a miss because of physics, and also a foul. Is there any way to do that? That's the kind of stuff backbreaker was able to do and what I am looking for. There is just zero realism in collision detection and player movement or ball physics and everything is so pre-determined.
You must have played a VERY different game than I did....

Backbreaker was like lifeless limbs with Moon Physics , very unrealistic. Torpedo Tackles, players flopping, I mean honestly yeah tackles were different and it was possible cool (for fun factor) but yeah that game was a Hot Mess.....

All I think is programmers need to program code better for Mo-Cap, nothing worst than being stuck in an animation that you don't need to be in....
Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #61
Rookie

Look no matter what or how people try to spin this..NBA LIVE 14 had 4 years to lay a structured game and they failed EVERYONE. Stop with the excuses. They charging folks over 60 bucks to play this crap. Glad I had friends at the store. Ladies and Gents, quit fooling ourselves. NBA Live is a abusive spouse. No more promises. Send them away and let them clean up their act. 60 plus bucks for crap. No sir, this will end like the burning bed one day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #62
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizmode
Look no matter what or how people try to spin this..NBA LIVE 14 had 4 years to lay a structured game and they failed EVERYONE. Stop with the excuses. They charging folks over 60 bucks to play this crap. Glad I had friends at the store. Ladies and Gents, quit fooling ourselves. NBA Live is a abusive spouse. No more promises. Send them away and let them clean up their act. 60 plus bucks for crap. No sir, this will end like the burning bed one day
yup. 4 years to make a game on consoles that havent been available for devs for more than 2. but yea. 4 years.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #63
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
yup. 4 years to make a game on consoles that havent been available for devs for more than 2. but yea. 4 years.
2K had the same time frame. Their game isn't a complete train wreck. But keep making excuses for them...your on a roll.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #64
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
2K had the same time frame. Their game isn't a complete train wreck. But keep making excuses for them...your on a roll.
2k also had a foundation to build from. and im not making excuses. all im saying is that people are going in with unreal expectations and then get disappointed when theyre not met. that leads to much harsher comments than what is actually deserved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »