Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #89
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Yeah I can say for certain after playing both live and 2k next gen that live 14 has way more sliding than 2k14. Way more. Live is slowed down though. But it's very sluggish. That Eco motion foot planting is the real deal. I had no idea until I played it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, this guy CaliDude is talking straight lies!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose."

Indeed! And it's great! I want control the humans not the ***** dolls. )
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #91
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Yeah I can say for certain after playing both live and 2k next gen that live 14 has way more sliding than 2k14. Way more. Live is slowed down though. But it's very sluggish. That Eco motion foot planting is the real deal. I had no idea until I played it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
from the streams, i thought foot planting was improved but playing the game is horrible. i've literally had players warping through each others foot. lots of sliding. its not elite but damn, playing and watching are two diff things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 08:01 AM   #92
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Icon9 Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I'm actually kinda digging this game...

Yes, I purchased 2K and absolutely LOVE it, but this is something they can most DEFINITELY build on.

Great to have the competition back for the basketball series...

*rim/net physics
*crowd & stadium sounds
*ESPN halftime show
*ESPN scoreboard overlay
*players look good...not from a far, but up close

Dislikes:

*player warping & sliding
*some of the dunks speed up and look un-natural
*commentary - doesn't seem like it flows as it should

Overall, I was not pleased with lack of PR from EA about this game...we had no idea what to expect. Screenshot for screenshot compared to the competition left us all uneasy, but the demo is solid and this game looks like a GREAT step in the right direction.
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 11-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #93
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
2K has never played realistically, and it never will. Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose, once you get going one way, it's impossible to go the other. Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations, making every 3 you put up, ghost fouls, I could go on and on.
I nominate this for one of the top ten worst posts on OS.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #94
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Are you actually serious? Please tell me your joking.

"2k has never played realistically, and it never will."

Firstly, I know probably about 2 million people who disagree with you. 2K is not perfect by any means but you better be damn sure it plays realistic. Especially when you are comparing against NBA Live. Don't try and act like you have a brain and say Live plays more realistic. That would be hypocritical. Secondly, do you have a PS4 and NBA 2K14? It is easily the most realistic basketball game ever made. I don't even need to back this up. All you have to do is play it and you'll understand. Saying "and it never will" makes you look like the biggest live fanboy to ever grace the earth. You are literally saying NBA 2K will never play realistic because your love for Live won't let you believe it. Sad..sad...sad.

"Players are uncontrollable because they are to loose."

Mind explaining what that even means? Sounds like the last NBA 2k you played was 2k3. Tell me exactly how they are uncontrollable? The control list in 2k14 is the deepest in any basketball game ever made. If I want a player to do a between the legs, spin move to a step back jumper, I CAN PERFORM THAT EXACT MOVE!

What does "to loose" Even mean? Firstly, you are forgetting an o, but that's beside the point as it seems basic knowledge escapes you. Having the players feel loose and uncontrollable are pretty much two opposites in video games. If a player is loose it means they are free to perform any action at any time which is the opposite of uncontrollable. If you had actually played 2k14 you would know they have almost nailed this aspect perfectly. Much Better than any NBA video game to date, by about 1000%.

"Players sliding around the court, getting sucked into animations"

I take back what I said earlier about you playing NBA 2K3. I now realize your last game was NBA 2K9. I will be the first person to say that game was a slippery can animation disaster. Sure it was fun, but it wasn't realistic.

IF YOU PLAY NBA 2K14 FOR PS4 YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TELL ME THAT PLAYERS ARE SLIDING AROUND THE COURT!!!!!! You just can't.

"Players sliding around the court"That is an absurd comment. Even more absurd when we are mentioning NBA Live in the conversation. Heck, I'd even say 2k9 has better foot planting than NBA Live 14. I played the demo for 2 hours tonight and didn't see one movement that resembled human physical structure and anatomy. You actually want to bring up foot planting and compare Live to 2k. You Sir, you have gone full ******.

"I could go on and on"

Oh please do, it gives me an opportunity to practice my writing skills and have fun at the same time! It's a win win situation. At least for me that is.
I nominate this for one of the best posts in the Live forum.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #95
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

I really applaud anyone for being extremely optimistic if they think that this game is going to catch up to 2k. I could barely play this for 2 minutes. Competition is good is good, but this game isn't any competition. For all the time they had to make this game, I expected much different results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 10

The game wasnt terrible! Dare I say... Kind of fun. It has a lot to improve no question, but there is a solid base built in there. If I could use a Richter scale to rate these games, I would give Live a 5.5 and 2K an 7.5. Thats still a HUGE difference on this scale. If anyone is not familiar with a Richter Scale, here it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »