Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #49
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Anybody else that has the game, you notice a difference with Synergy DNA because I've played a few more games(Did Bulls/Knicks and Memphis/Detroit)and I still have yet to see more than 3 plays run and the majority being Iso ball?
Old 11-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The CPU mostly runs iso plays against me all game.

I played the Pacers, for instance, and all they did was let CPU David West isolate his man face-up from about 15-feet out.

That was basically the extent of CPU Indiana's offense.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

Online Game #4

Bulls vs. Grizzlies in another slow-motion lag fest. Completely unplayable. What on earth could possibly be going on with this game online? This is worse than NBA 2K1's online on dial-up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #52
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Anybody else that has the game, you notice a difference with Synergy DNA because I've played a few more games(Did Bulls/Knicks and Memphis/Detroit)and I still have yet to see more than 3 plays run and the majority being Iso ball?
Yeah still a lot of standing around....I've seen the occasional shot off of a pick...but that's about it...a lot of warts left from Live 10 where bigs are acting uncharacteristically too...

Maybe there's not enough data...
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #53
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkit247
Please, just bring back NBA elite and polish it (I KNOW IT WON'T HAPPEN). This game is pathetic. The computer is the Dumbest I've ever seen in a basketball game. If anyone thinks I'm talking crazy, just go look at Elite on Youtube from people who have an actual copy of the game. All they needed to do was polish that game and we would've had a solid basketball game by now. I honestly believe, and there are many who would agree, that Elite had the best game mechanics ever created in a basketball game and maybe all of sports. the control in that game was, ridiculously, impressive. Instead, EA decided to try and remake the game and just made it worse than it was. All this trash talking about bounce tech and we end up with this piece of garbage. What a disgrace. Not mentioning the graphics much because I don't really care about it if they had made a solid game, but even NBA Elite's player models look better.
From what I've seen this is Elite, just polished.

Don't try to make it out like Elite suddenly was a good game.
My point is that Live 14 looks like a good base but it's gonna take a couple of years for them to get this to 'all star quality
'.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #54
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

The more games I've played I'm getting used to the pacing of the game. I agree with some users, it's a good base for EA to build off of. They have a lot of work on AI, responsiveness to the controller and animations but I can see myself enjoying this every now and then.

And maybe it's just me but the player models in the ESPN camera angle don't look too bad....its when they zoom in when it starts getting ugly.

Lastly because the pacing is different this is probably the first game I'll have to play 12 min quarters to get realistic scores.

It's moved up on my rotation to probably 4 now. Don't think it will crack the top 3 though.

Last edited by RayRay34; 11-19-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 2
I have been playing NBA 2K14 and when I downloaded the Demo for NBA Live 14 there was a couple of things I noticed.
1. The graphics are so far behind NBA 2k14
2. The game looks like PS3 graphics (not acceptable for being a PS4 game)
3. Living worlds???? where? maybe they meant living worlds will be in NBA Live 2015.

This is completely IMO and I tried not to compare the two games but after playing NBA 2K14 and then trying to play NBA Live 14, it was impossible to ignore how far behind EA sports is compared to 2K sports. This is very disappointing and the hype for EA Sports games is becoming board line false advertisement. They show the game in "instant replay" which clearly has better graphics then the actual gameplay itself and market the "instant replay" images as actual game play footage.

This completely explains why EA sports for all games Madden 25 and NBA Live 14 for example failed to provide full gameplay footage because they know it would hurt their sales. So prepare yourself for more marketing tricks aka false advertisement when it comes to the UFC game. I give EA sports until next series (Madden 15, NBA Live 15) to catch up to the graphics 2K sports has blessed us with or I am calling it quits. I am one person and EA sports will not care, but for me I am sick and tired of being loyal to a company that couldn't careless about its consumers and the type of game we deserve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #56
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Just curious but are there gameplay sliders in the game? I tried the demo early and didn't mind it. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »