Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #145
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Ran a few games earlier using the Nets and seeing how this "Synergy DNA" that's been praised and praised HEAVILY by certain folks on here and yeah.....I'd give this game a strong....5.5. It's painfully obvious that this game is a year or two away from hitting it's full potential, as this is basically just the foundation EA is laying for future Lives, if there even is one, which after playing a couple games I'm not even 100% sure about that.

FWIW, I had lowered expectations about this game and never bought that the hype EA or it's die hard Live supporters who act like no flaws have ever existed with this series thrown out so I have no problem saying it exceed my expectations, even though they were low in the first place.

I will ask this: Since when did BleacherReport become a credible site when it comes to reviewing Sports Games? Some folks here are saying, "Oh, I'll believe what BR is saying" and why is that? Because of the score they gave Live(most likely)? LOL come on now, be better than that people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #146
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Gotta love the comments that "IGN reviews are garbage" followed up with "BR reviews are legit". I'm not a fan of either site, but cmon, its Bleacher Report. Freaking Bleacher Report.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 11-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik

Except you don't know that because you can't prove counterfactuals.
Except we can prove it, because there are several people in this very thread saying, "I think I'll trust the Bleacher Report review."

BLEACHER REPORT. A site built on user-submitted content. That literally anybody can write an article for. A site that is in absolutely no way known for video game reviews. A site that neither GameRankings or MetaCritic takes into account when looking at "Critic Reviews" of games.

It's just people saying, "I'll choose to trust the site that agrees with my pre-made decision."
Old 11-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #148
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billman29
There's an option to turn play-art on in the menus, so I'm not sure what he's talking about.
the whole ign review just seemed really biased. i read that one first, then i read the one from bleacher report, and the bleacher report was so much more informing. they actually went over what they did well and didnt do well. and it seemed to match pretty well to my thoughts on the game. visuals are sub-par but ai and the actual fundamentals of basketball are solid. with better graphics more variety/fluidity in player movement and more fleshed out modes this game could be amazing. im glad they opted to focus on making it play realistically first though because to me that is the most important thing. i have been waiting for a basketball game where i can actually play similar to real life ball.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #149
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Ran a few games earlier using the Nets and seeing how this "Synergy DNA" that's been praised and praised HEAVILY by certain folks on here and yeah.....I'd give this game a strong....5.5. It's painfully obvious that this game is a year or two away from hitting it's full potential, as this is basically just the foundation EA is laying for future Lives, if there even is one, which after playing a couple games I'm not even 100% sure about that.

FWIW, I had lowered expectations about this game and never bought that the hype EA or it's die hard Live supporters who act like no flaws have ever existed with this series thrown out so I have no problem saying it exceed my expectations, even though they were low in the first place.

I will ask this: Since when did BleacherReport become a credible site when it comes to reviewing Sports Games? Some folks here are saying, "Oh, I'll believe what BR is saying" and why is that? Because of the score they gave Live(most likely)? LOL come on now, be better than that people.
the bleacher report review was well written and gave specific examples as to what they felt the game did well/poorly. obviously as with any game that has one available play the demo and see whether you like it yourself because reviewers dont always look for the same things as the individual gamer.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #150
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
the bleacher report review was well written and gave specific examples as to what they felt the game did well/poorly. obviously as with any game that has one available play the demo and see whether you like it yourself because reviewers dont always look for the same things as the individual gamer.
I have the game(and thankfully I didn't pay full price for it)but again, when did Bleacher Report become a credible site when it comes to reviewing Video Games or even Sports Games? Serious question BTW.

If they had gave this game a bad score, would they still be credible is people's eyes? I doubt it.

I will say there is a LOT of hypocrisy in this thread though, which makes for some entertaining reading. Hell, there's one poster here praising the game so HARD that you would think he has the game only to find out he doesn't have it. Yet, he's trashing those that don't have the game but are speaking negatively about it. Kinda ironic, when you think about it? Lol

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 11-19-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #151
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaker1225
Except we can prove it, because there are several people in this very thread saying, "I think I'll trust the Bleacher Report review."

BLEACHER REPORT. A site built on user-submitted content. That literally anybody can write an article for. A site that is in absolutely no way known for video game reviews. A site that neither GameRankings or MetaCritic takes into account when looking at "Critic Reviews" of games.

It's just people saying, "I'll choose to trust the site that agrees with my pre-made decision."
ign. a site that posted a review saying one of ng maddens negatives was that it was too realistic.

Quote:
At times it felt like Madden might be getting too realistic for it’s own good. It may be a better simulation, but it also makes playing less fun.
but we should definitely trust ign.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #152
Rookie

Escobeats's Arena

kobe-laugh.gif

And some people said EA is back......

This is just a joke anyways I wish all the best for EA / NBA live 14

Champions:
, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998

Last edited by Escobeats; 11-19-2013 at 06:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »