Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
BTW, I don't see an impressions thread, but IGN is overdoing it a little....having played it, I'd give the game at LEAST a 6...this could go to a 6.5 depending on how they update the game post launch...
IGN is probably compensating for their absence and the time they had to build from that. EA elected not to have anyone develop the game until a year before the launch of the ps4. One dev cycle. Its ea's to blame for the failure, but they will pin it on their workers.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Before you guys brush off IGN, you should remove the jabs (done for entertainment in my opinion) and listen to the points. There's a lot of information in the review you may want to consider.
agreed. Sadly, this is so barebones..Play diagrams..That's a no brainer..How can something that simple not be implemented? My demo is downloading. While I may or may not agree with the score..(haven't played the game yet), ign has some strong solid points, both sim and casual gamer can agree on

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-4/nba-live-14

more reviews. Its not looking so good fellas

I know ea fanboys will try to save face by saying "well, its a launch game. all launch games are bad"
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #139
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
There's really no point debating whether IGN's score was fair or not. They're not a credible review for sports games, basketball in particular, since the reviewers usually know next to nothing about the sport and are bad at the game itself. This applies to the major game review sites. The bit on Radarstation implying that the Spurs were a boring team to watch was just laughable and an insult to any basketball fan.
First, I'll say it - I think some of you are a bunch of hypocrites. If Live was rated 8.1, you'd be like "that's a great review", "this guy obviously knows his basketball", etc... 4.3 is HARSH and I would agree with any mud slinging at this dude. He seems all over the place and his scores normally don't match his text. But to say IGN is never a source of credible sport game reviews is laughable. By that logic, NO website that isn't geared to sports gaming is a credible source. Frankly, I WOULD agree with that on the whole. So, lets wait to see how OS rates the game. I'll say this - one of the first people to get the game is an OS mod who's pretty hard core. He posted his impression and it would seem that folks have forgotten them.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #140
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
agreed. Sadly, this is so barebones..Play diagrams..That's a no brainer..How can something that simple not be implemented? My demo is downloading. While I may or may not agree with the score..(haven't played the game yet), ign has some strong solid points, both sim and casual gamer can agree on

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-4/nba-live-14

more reviews. Its not looking so good fellas

I know ea fanboys will try to save face by saying "well, its a launch game. all launch games are bad"
What will happen is that they will pick the highest score, and THAT reviewer will be come a credible source. I be if allrecipe.com rated it a 9/10, they would bookmark the site. :P
Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #141
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
agreed. Sadly, this is so barebones..Play diagrams..That's a no brainer..How can something that simple not be implemented?
Except for the fact that they ARE in the game. The IGN reviewer just couldn't be bothered to find where to turn the option on. OG showed this last night during his livestream. This is part of my whole point that opinion of sites like IGN should just be ignored when it comes to sports games. They did the same thing a few months ago, bemoaning the lack of a tutorial mode in 2K14 despite there being one in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
First, I'll say it - I think some of you are a bunch of hypocrites. If Live was rated 8.1, you'd be like "that's a great review", "this guy obviously knows his basketball", etc... 4.3 is HARSH and I would agree with any mud slinging at this dude. He seems all over the place and his scores normally don't match his text. But to say IGN is never a source of credible sport game reviews is laughable. By that logic, NO website that isn't geared to sports gaming is a credible source. Frankly, I WOULD agree with that on the whole. So, lets wait to see how OS rates the game. I'll say this - one of the first people to get the game is an OS mod who's pretty hard core. He posted his impression and it would seem that folks have forgotten them.
Except you don't know that because you can't prove counterfactuals.

I never said or implied never, just on average they aren't credible. You agree with the logic which you claimed I used and yet you say to use it to slam IGN is laughable. Which one is it? I agree that only websites dedicated to sports gaming can be deemed credible after all the reviews we've seen from the likes of IGN and Gamespot. DaCzar has already said on his radio show that one of these sites said in 2K3 or something in a review that basketball video games didn't need plays...and 2K listened to them. That's what prompted him to get involved with 2K's development.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is unfortunate how bad the game seems to be. I was hoping to at least try it out. I have been really impressed with the presentation, excluding the commentary, at least from videos I have seen.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #143
Banned

OVR: 0

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be an *** here but why pay 60 for this game now when in a couple months this is most likely gonna cost 20 in the bargain bin. Again not trying to crack jokes but I don't think many people will buy this game. It just wouldn't be smart to pay 60.

Last edited by yg63; 11-19-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #144
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg63
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be an *** here but why pay 60 for this game now when in a couple months this is most likely gonna cost 20 in the bargain bin. Again not trying to crack jokes but I don't think many people will buy this game. It just wouldn't be smart to pay 60.
I just used trade in credit - and I was curious. Not a lot of games coming out between now and spring time, so I figured what the hell. If it means anything, I received many texts saying "Oh you're the one who bought it"

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »