Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #113
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

BTW, I don't see an impressions thread, but IGN is overdoing it a little....having played it, I'd give the game at LEAST a 6...this could go to a 6.5 depending on how they update the game post launch...
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #114
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Yeah, I did not read your post and almost didn't respond to THIS.

Anyways, I don't always run with reviews, especially on sports games. I give them a try thru renting or Demos. I have found that this fills the void.

I'm nobodies sheep, you won't see me hating on a game based off of compressed video or blind hate for a company.

Besides, if I had the money and want to spend it, that's on me. I don't get into pockets of others or cry about what they love or hate.

Give my techniques a try, when you get a chance.
Its not hate, its called an opinion. Second, I never said anything about your money or what to do with it. Third, I always download the demo to see how the game plays. You can say that the videos are compressed, but its not like its gonna have a drastic change. What you see is what you get. It is what it is. I've played Live in the past, and it never measured up. Yeah its different than 2k, and that's good, but the game doesn't feel live. 2k is a great game but its not perfect either. Live 10 was actually a pretty decent game. Instead of building off of it, they decided to change things up. Four years later and only developing on next-gen consoles, and this is what they come up with. ESPN presentation and all looks great, but you don't play the presentation, you play the game. Some people expect to see something different once they play it. It in your face, just open your eyes an look at it. If you thinks its worth the money, then buy it. It your money. I'm just saying to those who buy it after all that's happened in the past, don't defent it and make excuses, then start threads complaining about it. There's a caution sigh ahead. Are you gonna take heed to it or ignore it. Again, no hate just my opinion. Buy what you feel.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #115
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Why not just skip all this and say, "I'm a NBA Live fan, I was going to buy Live no matter what any reviews said, gameplay I saw, or how the demo played....and I will enjoy it...

This is FINE...I could respect that..

but these glowing reviews your giving of a game you haven touched is getting out of hand...this "oh, graphics and animation aren't everything" speech we've heard over and over (and over) just come off as you guys trying to convince yourselves..

It's ok to be a Live fan man...just say that...
You don't get it, I'm a basketball fan first of all, when I played 2k I was the best out of all my friends because I knew the game of basketball, but still the game became stale to me because soon enough I learned the game and had to force myself to not abuse the animations and the easy moves. 2k looks good and the game play can be fun but most of the time it's whoever can exploit the animations best comes out as the winner. I just see the potential Live has and what it's done right.

I know if I wanna pull of the Tim Hardaway crossover I can because it's efficient and it will free me up for a nice jumper, it's just the freedom you have to play ball, I like it. I'm not giving glowing reviews, I'm just pointing out the good people seem to dismiss, skip over, or just ignore. The game has solid basketball fundamentals.

I just watched a stream of a guy get demolished inside by Deandre and Blake and it was his own fault, not some animation or exploit in the game. He should of made adjustments and because he didn't the computer took advantage. Casuals aren't going to notice things in the game like defensive settings, but Live really delivers a solid Bball experience. I'm just going by what I see.

Call me what you want but you gonna knock some body for drinking R.C cola over Coke just because you're not feeling it. Maybe your taste buds are different, or maybe the guys just enjoys each cola for what it is. I like what Live has done with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #116
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
I will just trust the Br review then the others. I've seen the twitch feeds and the presentation looks great but ugly graphics and animations. I would pay $40 for game not $60 though. At least I have a option for when I get sick of 2K14 and it's broken game modes.
Before you guys brush off IGN, you should remove the jabs (done for entertainment in my opinion) and listen to the points. There's a lot of information in the review you may want to consider.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #117
Just started!

OVR: 0

IGN was good on their review, I just got done playing live and it only took me 25-30 minutes before I went back to exchange it for 2k. I know that's not giving it the benefit of the doubt but this game doesn't deserve it. I don't even mind that it doesn't look as good as 2k but the game play is just a joke. Everything is so stagnant, nobody moves, basketball is a game of constant movement and its laughable the way live plays. As you can see from the videos the animations are also very poor. They players actions don't flow together well at all. Two other big disappointments were the created player options and the lack of a practice or tutorial mode (if there is one I couldn't find it). In created player there are only 20 faces to chose from, each with a locked skin tone, and only 3 hair styles for each face. Are they serious? and not to mention they look terrible too. I was looking for a tutorial, something to show me all the combinations of moves I can use and how everything exactly works but I couldn't find anything. The manual is there but I want something more in depth. I wouldn't even give this game a 4.3. It is unplayable. If you like it, to each their own, but I will never understand why. Do yourself a favor and get 2k until EA decides to put more attention to detail into their sports titles.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #118
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Before you guys brush off IGN, you should remove the jabs (done for entertainment in my opinion) and listen to the points. There's a lot of information in the review you may want to consider.
Rather not read what he says. Next gen 2K14 is riddled with bugs, glitches and missing featues and so is Mygm and he didn't mention anything. Don't know how he even played those without even seeing a thing broken in the modes. Dude has no credibility.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #119
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy_420
IGN was good on their review, I just got done playing live and it only took me 25-30 minutes before I went back to exchange it for 2k. I know that's not giving it the benefit of the doubt but this game doesn't deserve it. I don't even mind that it doesn't look as good as 2k but the game play is just a joke. Everything is so stagnant, nobody moves, basketball is a game of constant movement and its laughable the way live plays. As you can see from the videos the animations are also very poor. They players actions don't flow together well at all. Two other big disappointments were the created player options and the lack of a practice or tutorial mode (if there is one I couldn't find it). In created player there are only 20 faces to chose from, each with a locked skin tone, and only 3 hair styles for each face. Are they serious? and not to mention they look terrible too. I was looking for a tutorial, something to show me all the combinations of moves I can use and how everything exactly works but I couldn't find anything. The manual is there but I want something more in depth. I wouldn't even give this game a 4.3. It is unplayable. If you like it, to each their own, but I will never understand why. Do yourself a favor and get 2k until EA decides to put more attention to detail into their sports titles.
Don't u know u pretty much described 2k14 next gen Cap? Lolz
Old 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #120
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Rather not read what he says.
But you have no problem discrediting the review? Makes sense.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »