Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #73
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo22
What the review tells us is. If EA's features were added to 2K's looks and game play then we'd have a monster of a game. If only it were that easy
Hahaha This!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #74
Rookie

dre2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg63
Why does a review change your mind?
Personally reviews don't change my mind but the accompanying video clips of the gameplay sure do, just looks archaic for a game in 2013 by almost any standards (CG or NG)...menus and soundtrack definitely have 2K beat and I bet servers will work great too, but since I have yet to play it on or offline that is just an opinion of mine but I know historically EA servers haven't had the legacy problems 2Ks have so I feel justified in saying Live's servers will PROBABLY be better, but at the end of the day this is so obviously an inferior game on the actual court it is easy to tell how little priority EA has for this series. I know with more time support and money these developers could more than likely make a good basketball video game but EA seems more interested in putting all their resources into Madden and Battlefield so no Live for me this year it seems.

Last edited by dre2; 11-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #75
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Bleacher Reports review is what I expected. IGN's review is just flat out fanboyish, if that's a word.

Either way, I'm my own reviewer so I only care what I think. And I'll find out when I play the demo later today.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #76
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

For all the 2K fans/LIVE haters, I'd like to offer them the purchase of my silver 65 Shelby GT. Great custom paint job, no dents or scratches, custom rims and tires, it absolutely looks mint, but it has no engine, no radio, no lights, no seats(all missing parts will be delivered at a future undetermined date) etc., .....

...kind of like the NG NBA 2K14 offering, it looks great, might be one of the top looking sports titles of all time, it plays a little better than CG, but has no soul (Features).

People are still playing NFL 2K5 because it had a great soul!!

In fact, according to reviews, they ripped out the soul just so it would "look better", and its still void of STANDARD CG features (roster edits, 30 team control, defensive settings, sliders not saving, etc.).

Video game basketball fans now have a legitimate chance promote positive change in both franchises (in theory), by just being honest, if they could just get past eye candy, and prejudice.

I think 2k's strategy may have been to take everything out we enjoy in CG and put them back in for year two, as new features, to compete with LIVE's inevitable graphics upgrades for next year.

I never expected LIVE to beat this year's 2K14 in the ring, but I also didn't expect 2K to purposely try to take a fall either, by skimping out on all the standard features in game that could have knocked NG LIVE out for the count for another 3 years.

Maybe we can buy them (missing features) back with VC??

And still we buy...

Those who REALLY want to know, and can afford to, can go buy both and return the one they don't like as much for another game. That's my official game plan. I'll stack them side by side, feature for feature, and determine a winner (or keep both as I collect them too).
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream

Last edited by seanhazz1; 11-19-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #77
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

bottom line is we will all get to play it this afternoon and can make our own decisions based on that
Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #78
Rookie

Tribe1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
1 - The spacing. Players go to the proper spots on the floor, don't crowd each other and generally stay out of each other's way. Corner players clear the post, wing players properly space the floor, etc.
This right there is one of the reasons I'm still excited to try Live. 2k frustrates me to no end because of this

Sent from my Galaxy Note3
Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
For all the 2K fans/LIVE haters, I'd like to offer them the purchase of my silver 65 Shelby GT. Great custom paint job, no dents or scratches, custom rims and tires, it absolutely looks mint, but it has no engine, no radio, no lights, no seats(all missing parts will be delivered at a future undetermined date) etc., .....

...kind of like the NG NBA 2K14 offering, it looks great, might be one of the top looking sports titles of all time, it plays a little better than CG, but has no soul (Features).

In fact, according to reviews, they ripped out the soul just so it would "look better", and its still void of STANDARD CG features (roster edits, 30 team control, defensive settings, sliders not saving, etc.).

Video game basketball fans now have a legitimate chance promote positive change in both franchises (in theory), by just being honest, if they could just get past eye candy, and prejudice.

I think 2k's strategy may have been to take everything out we enjoy in CG and put them back in for year two, as new features, to compete with LIVE's inevitable graphics upgrades for next year.

I never expected LIVE to beat this year's 2K14 in the ring, but I also didn't expect 2K to purposely try to take a fall either, by skimping out on all the standard features in game that could have knocked NG LIVE out for the count for another 3 years.

Maybe we can buy them (missing features) back with VC??

And still we buy...

Those who REALLY want to know, and can afford to, can go buy both and return the one they don't like as much for another game. That's my official game plan. I'll stack them side by side, feature for feature, and determine a winner (or keep both as I collect them too).
Awesome response, bro.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre2
Personally reviews don't change my mind but the accompanying video clips of the gameplay sure do, just looks archaic for a game in 2013 by almost any standards (CG or NG)...menus and soundtrack definitely have 2K beat and I bet servers will work great too, but since I have yet to play it on or offline that is just an opinion of mine but I know historically EA servers haven't had the legacy problems 2Ks have so I feel justified in saying Live's servers will PROBABLY be better, but at the end of the day this is so obviously an inferior game on the actual court it is easy to tell how little priority EA has for this series, with more time support and money. I know these developers could more than likely make a good basketball video game but EA seems more interested in putting all their resources into Madden and Battlefield so no Live for me this year it seems.
Believe me I understand what you're saying. It's just the guy I quoted was willing to give Live a try but for some reason it became a resounding NO just because this one guy said the game is trash. There have been many people on this forum pointing out the obvious downfalls of this game (myself included) but that wasn't what deterred this guy from buying. It was this one dude that just so happened to put it in review form.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »