Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 4
Look if you dont like NBA 2k thats fine...it's not for everyone no game is....NBA 2K 's guys do have spacing problems IF... you don't adjust your settings once you do it's a none issue unless YOU break the play or run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. The presentation on 2K is actually better DESPITE the fact that they have no network backing on 2K and the commentary interviews ect trumps this game period. I would rather KONAMI bring back In The Zone or Tecmo remake the Basketball game or hell even Nintendo get Retro to make a sim again than support this. You can't let EA get away with this kind of crap, the fact that they charge $60 for this is an insult. Again if you don't like 2K I understand but by all means buy a used Live 10 before copping this. We can't keep bailing EA out when they pull this...Honestly 2K is MUCH smaller and they make a SOLID current gen AND next gen game in one year...these cats have had 4 years and EA shuffles them around so much that this is the best they can come up with?!?!!?? How is your cover athelete looking better in the competitions game than he does in yours. C'mon son , get the F*** out here with that Bull$h!&+!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #106
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Just don't understand the fact that NBA Live 10 looks 100x better than this.

Mind boggling.

Sent from The Chicago Bulls Organization
Old 11-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #107
Rookie

EA is getting lazy, this is what I mean. The "Legacy" editions of FIFA on handhelds that are literrally the same game with new rosters....2K baseball pulled that crap too and got stomped by The Show......as it should, no excuse but the idea there probably was they had no intention on making another game and put that out because people wanted something to play on XBOX and PC. (Still no excuse) But EA does this blatantly...hell even then 2K sold the game at a reduced(albeit still too high) price. If you want them to do right by you as a customer you must hit them were it hurts, their wallets. Don't give them $60 for THIS..hell start a petition to have the price lowered THEN maybe buy it if you just can't stand 2K....but don't let them do this to you!!
Old 11-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #108
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I'll let you figure out if I'm being sarcastic. Is not an engine a collection of systems and technology? Has EA not been marketed it as a new shared foundation for which they are building their next gen sports games on? If this isn't an engine, then what is? How do you know when it's been redone? And don't say, "you'll just know". How do you even know if a "new engine" would address the issues people have? How do you know that this isn't already using a new engine?

Engine, engine. That word needs to die.
So true. Most people have no clue what and engine is, how it works or what it's good for. It just became a buzzword that people are throwing just to defend/complain about things without knowing what they're talking about.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #109
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
My primary issue is more so the lies and deceit that EA sowed - like showing the pre-rendered scenes the entire time during promos and not given a glimpse of actual non-modified game play. I wanted another basketball option for the next gen of consoles and was planning to buy Live this year, more so for a change of pace than anything else, though this game looks like it was made by a group of people who lack passion and dedication to their trade craft. It's hard to believe how long this game has been in development and that it was completely focused on next-gen yet looks and moves the way it does. Where is your commitment to excellence EA? Really, where is your passion to be the best? I would be absolutely livid if this was the best my team could muster given the vast resources and time they had if I'm an EA Executive. Heads need to roll at EA Sports, they need to rebuild their development team from the ground up.

I liked the arenas, courts, some of the sound effects, especially the net swoosh, the half time show - though after that it's mostly downhill.

Last edited by Philstat; 11-17-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #110
Pro

Yeah, the clip we got of Kyrie Irving dribbling and shooting over Deandre Jordan isn't close to what the game ended up being.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
HHG is a nut job. Nothing he says should be heard. He's supposed to be a professional. Seems to me he is more of a forum troll that got a job to do it on the web. Sorry. Back on topic. Outside of the couple of "live looks good because I hate 2k" or "fire everybody" posts, this thread is the best thread of constructive criticisms I've seen for the Live franchise in a long while.
HHG is a wacko and a stan most of the time, but he is one of the journalist out there that have early access on what next gen games are coming out. He pretty much saw what these other games were doing to bring their games to the next level on the next generation. When he saw Live's true game and not the E3 demo, then he could not support them anymore because there not bringing their best effort.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #112
Rookie

A69Scorelord's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon13 Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

3 words: THIS GAME SUCKS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »