Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's looks totally awful! Fisrt NBA Live 14 trailer not even close to what I just see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAwdHWkZXQ4
As always EA sport is trying to fool own customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #66
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynkraid
EA Sports has some work to do in this next year, I got Madden on PS4, its nice and all, but feels like a port with some new texture, I got Need For Speed on PS4, and it very much feels like a port with new textures. Now sure Madden has some of its current gen flaws fixed like screen plays, kick returns, and what not, but still it feels like a port with better textures and a improved crowd. And as for this NBA Live game, meh it looks like a port. If you ask me it looks a lot like Live 2002 ported from PS2, or maybe Live 2005 ported. By the videos it looks like they have the presentation down pat, and the crowds look great. Commentary sounds horrible, players look more like robots then anything.

But I hope EA has a plan with this game and hopefully they build on it. I really don't understand or believe they spent 3 years working on this game, it looks more like they ported an older version of Live then added in the same crowd that Madden uses, and then maybe worked on player faces and that's about it. Cause if they had 3 years or so to make a PS4 game it would have to look better then this. It should be looking as good or better then 2k14, and it doesn't look close, then again none of the EA games look good as 2k14 does...
I think they spent around 1.5 years on NBA Live 14 -- supposedly anyway. If that's true, then it definitely shows. They need a completely new engine to be honest. It just sucks that it would take forever for them to start from scratch. If they don't cancel the game this year, then it'll definitely be canceled next year if they don't improve the game that much in NBA Live 15.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #67
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3
So, I went through and watched all four videos and was EXTREMELY disappointed. Poor graphics. Crowds are awful. And the commentary? Short choppy, mostly generic. Hey EA, pick up The Show or 2K and listen to how it actually CAN be done.
Then I start reading some comments and some people say this game looks good?!
So I went back and re-watched them. All. Thinking maybe I had missed something.
And guess what? I didn't.
I honestly think this is very early PS3-quality stuff.
25-year sports gamer here and always was a big Live fan through the years, but this is an embarrassing effort. I truly can't believe EA spent all this time and this is the result. It's time for EA to cut their basketball losses and bow out.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #68
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
The visual presentations were impressive.

The commentary, especially the loooooooooooooooong gaps, is awkward.

The graphics are heinous. Blake Griffin is comically odd looking.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #69
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Pros

- Ball handling looks fine.
- spacing seems to be okay for the most part

Cons

- Horribly clunky animations. They just don't move like real human beings, if that makes any sense. If you play 2K, the players move around very fluidly and the animations are realistic for the most part. In Live, everything is just so "herky jerky". The terrible animation completely breaks the game.

- To put it simply, the graphics are downright terrible. This would look bad even if it was a current gen game. The fact that it's a next gen only title baffles me. There's nothing next gen about it.

- Everything looks so...slow. What's with the frame rate? Looks like it's running at under 30 FPS or something. Just terrible. 2K runs at 60 FPS, so why can't Live?

- Very little contact in the paint. In fact, I didn't see any contact animations.

- Commentary is awful.

Nothing redeeming about this game. I'm not really a 2K fanboy (I found 2K12 and 13 to be kind of underwhelming and not as good as 2K11), but I just don't see what there is in Live that justifies a purchase, especially when there's another NBA game on the market that is significantly better in every way. I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but anybody who thinks Live looks anything more than terrible needs their eyes checked.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

A couple things I think.

I have said this multiple times, and will continue to say it over and over again. The second Live didn't include a club or OTP feature where you can create your own guy was when they sealed the game's fate. If they had this feature, they could have covered up multiple ills within this game. Here's some examples.

1. They could have covered up the fact NBA players don't have their actual shooting releases- Even if you play Be a pro, seeing almost everyone shoot the same damn way is an eye sore and a half. If you have club online with everyone using their created guy, everyone picks their own shooting release. Subsequently, that horrid animation becomes a non-factor.

2. You cover up the dead air in the commentary- Look at NHL (and even FIFA to a small extent) on current gen systems. When you are using your created guy in club, you routinely hear dead spots in the commentary. When the players aren't real NBA players and the teams aren't real NBA teams, you actually have an excuse for having subpar commentary.

3. You give the game replay value- Live as is has no replay value. I don't know if you have seen someone play the NBA Finals in dynasty mode, but they don't even have a celebration or anything after you win the title (I saw this in a twitch stream I watched earlier.) Be a Pro is about as stale as anything I have ever seen, too. With club online, you automatically make the game fun for online gamers.

4. You cover up the horrid player models and faces- Pretty self explanatory. When everyone creates their guy, player models won't be too big of an issue. Faces, obviously, won't be one at all.

5. You give Jalen Rose cool stuff to talk about each week- How cool would I be to hear and, in the EASBL this week, [insert team name here] remains finished number one this month. Everyone on this roster is producing when they play, with x SMP 7 x averaging 11 assists running the point. So much more potential for immersion than: and, a shoutout to x SMP 7 x, who is on an 87 game winning streak in head to head seasons. Honestly, as is, I don't know what the custom content from Jalen each week will possibly be.

6. You stop the comparisons with 2k- 2k beats EA in everything except online gameplay. They wouldn't have club, Live would. Live would reign supreme in online gameplay (which is obviously huge.)

Just such a huge oversight on Lives part not to have club, especially when they were supposed to have it in Elite 12 and 13.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 11

The way everyone moved/dribbled, it all looks so similar and fast paced.

I'm definitely going to play it but I don't know whether I'll like it. At least it's a beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 4
I'm sorry...just not seeing what you guys like about this....it looks bad real bad...I had hope for ittoo but the animation should at least be as fluid as FIFA or Madden...damn hopefully it does kinda well so they can give it another swing....I dont see how that can even happen at this point...The presentation is well...ESPN...can't screw that up but this game moves almost worst than Live 10 did...and that was a solid game....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »