Home

Looking back at All-Pro Football 2K8

This is a discussion on Looking back at All-Pro Football 2K8 within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
If 2k has warts madden has herpes
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Made a comment on this but forgot to thank Jayson for this well put together article. I am gonna stick with current gen for awhile and may pull this one off the shelf again since its so cheap.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #35
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Looking back at All-Pro Football 2K8

This game with Finns editor and online leagues saved football for me this entire generation.

Although the game has a shallow franchise and some flaws, its still by far the best football game this generation from a gameplay perspective.

Last edited by db56; 11-11-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Salutes to you jyoung. Great write up and a very honest look at a game that is quite polarizing still after 6-7 years. New life was been put back into this game with the editing options discovered a few years back and with the continued roster updates such as yours as well as the RateSports. Even though there are newer and more "prettier" games visibly, they're only prettier during cut scenes and replays because once you snap the ball, APF 2K8 fades em all.

Although far from perfect, the things they did right, they did exceptional IMO. A sign of a company and designers that got "it" almost a decade ago and although other companies still making football games tell you they have "it" in the game, it's a testament to this game that that game is still being compared to APF 2K8.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #37
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Wow. Amazing write-up, just brilliant in-depth, balanced analysis on APF both gameplay-wise and real-world-wise.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #38
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
This was a great read, well done.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #39
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeRealPeople
Reality check, guys: 2K doesn't read petitions. You do realize that you can actually just speak directly to 2K, right?

Here is a better plan:

1. Go to Twitter. Make an account. Then once a day, send a message to @2K, @2KSports, and @Ronnie2K, and ask for a new 2K Football game. They read every last one of the messages they get, I know this because I know Ronnie personally and we've spoken about this on 2 occasions. On one occasion, he said he wondered why if people want the game so badly they're not demanding it more? I told him they do want it, they just don't contact 2K for some reason...

2. Go to 2KSports' YouTube channel. Find their most recent videos and ask for a NEW 2K Football game. Do it daily. Again, they read every message.

3. Go to the All-Pro Football videos at the 2KSports YouTube channel and post there, too. Do it daily.

I'm already doing what I wrote above. I want a real football game done right, not this crap Tiburon is giving us, and I'm dead serious about it. I wish more people were.

Quit being so passive and go straight to 2K.
Gonna repost this for others to take action. It'll take literally minutes for you to follow these steps. I think we can all agree that competition will improve the quality of all football video games across the board.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Gonna repost this for others to take action. It'll take literally minutes for you to follow these steps. I think the football gaming industry needs healthy competition to push these products even further.
I have exchanged many emails with 2K Ronnie. His reply is always 'he does not think 2K will ever make another football game without the NFL license'. So I would always stress that gamers want a non-NFL customizable game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »