Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #241
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
yes, and I agree(above question you asked). That's one of things I think you will like in this years game. You won't feel that "suction" when getting into the lane. The game is really free and you feel like you've made a play on the ball/or got that basket rather than a elongated sequence playing out. Those elongated sequence look much better but don't feel great, especially when you're 25+ games in.
I totally agree. I'm also looking forward to how this translates to pressing the ball handler in iso situations out on the perimeter.

Sticking with the animations theme, one thing Live 10 did really well IMO was capture off ball activity and motion. How has this been improved upon? Will this new physics based engine effect what we see transpire upon certain plays. Will players with less momentum be more susceptible to being caught in a screen longer than someone who was quicker and more agile?

Am also curious to hear the answers to bigeasts questions as well. I hope some of these animations are more context sensitive and situational so were not seeing a dunk fest.

Last edited by JODYE; 11-03-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #242
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Gotta say it's cool that this dude is coming on here and discussing the game 1 to 1. It's easier to give this game a chance when there's a face to the company. Alot better than being left in the dark.
Hear hear. Love it when the devs engage in real discussion with the community. Usually only happens with Indie game devs in my experience.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
"It's been rough being a Live supporter on the webs the past few years." - I totally get it! I would be saying the same thing. Like I mentioned earlier, it's easy to come on here and bash EA basketball but that does zero for the community.

yes, and I agree(above question you asked). That's one of things I think you will like in this years game. You won't feel that "suction" when getting into the lane. The game is really free and you feel like you've made a play on the ball/or got that basket rather than a elongated sequence playing out. Those elongated sequence look much better but don't feel great, especially when you're 25+ games in.
btw i think each company's goal by the end of this generations cycle should be to have a game with real-time physics that's very fluid. combined with astonishing graphics.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #244
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24
btw i think each company's goal by the end of this generations cycle should be to have a game with real-time physics that's very fluid. combined with astonishing graphics.
The other game on next gen has that already
Old 11-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #245
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
The other game on next gen has that already

You do realize i said real time physics and fluid gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #246
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

OG you said that you hardly use the dribbling moves?

....one of my issues with Live 10..for all the control that was said to be had, It felt like crossovers were mandatory for getting by your man....

so would you say you can take angles/ use simple bursts of speed to get by your defender in this years game?
Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #247
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballshawn24

You do realize i said real time physics and fluid gameplay
Yes i do ..
Old 11-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #248
Rookie

Ogsports I asked this question plenty of times and never get a response. Is it possible players can lose the ball if it bounce outside the contact cage and what happens if I move from one move before the ball touch the hand?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »