Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #257
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
"I think it's fair to assume you have complete knowledge of any plans." - I don't work in marketing or PR. I work on gameplay only. I wouldn't say that I have complete knowledge of plans.
Fair. I just think it makes sense that marketing actually communicates with gameplay so that you're on the same page. I wouldn't think they would have the gall to represent your work to the masses without checking with you guys. That's all I'm saying.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #258
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
I wouldn't say that's true at all. And by looking through your previous posts on this thread I commend your enthusiasm. Though when you say things like, "They did a blog on defensive SETTINGS. Most of those settings have been in Live already!" Really? can you show me a picture of Live 10's screens? When you compare them it's laughable. Have you played a 5v5 game and used them yet?
It's been 4 years since I've played Live 10. I do remember it having ways of setting individual defensive assignments. I don't have it anymore so I certainly may be wrong.

Quote:
"Live said the ball was 100% tangible. That's not news. That's been done before and people whined about some of the potential side effects." - What game has had a physics based dribbling system?
First, what exactly does "physics based" mean technically? Any answer would imply that you have some knowledge of how a game implements the dynamics of the ball. So, with that said, the indicators of such a system also exist in 2K12. Where the ball was treated as an independent physical object even when possessed. And some people did not like one of the byproducts of that. THAT was my point. How will your game overcome those issues?

Quote:
"How will the Live apologist excuse this since this has been a hallmark of the series?" What kind of response is this? What does this do for the Sim basketball community? Why would a Live fan who comes on here want to read that when you haven't even played the game yet? I would love to answer any question that you have, though I'm not going to answer an uneducated rant.
You have to understand the context of where that comes from. Ever since E3, where I talked to you directly btw, I've seen folks trumpeting the instant response of the dribbler. To me, that was unrealistic and I, for one, am glad you are going to more realistic and authentic response. But some people, out of an over zealous need to defend the title, would trumpet unrealistic aspects of the game as a benefit. That was a shot at them. Let me put it to you this way: if a person is truly a fan, they have to tout the good and call out the bad. Not hammer in it, but at least acknowledge the bad. Some people feel that you have to think everything is good to show loyalty. I don't think it helps your game.

First, I played with your dribbler at E3. So I felt I had some insight. It wasn't uneducated. Certainly much more ignorant than your insight, but certainly not guesswork either. And I'm sure you guys have tweaked quite a bit. But I've always qualified my statements for that likelihood.

So, with all due much respect, don't paint my posts as troll baiting. I hope you guys are given a chance to show what you can do. Frankly, all I care about is how the game plays. So I don't have too many other questions. I just want to see that you guys value all questions. Good or bad. That's helps the game, don't you agree?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 11-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #259
Rookie

nextlevelshhhh's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Come Nov 15 and Nov 19 both games will be out and both companies will no longer be able to hide gameplay.

All these write ups are useless especially for live because saying something and showing it is two different things.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #260
Rookie

I really just want to know if online modes will be revelead before the launch.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #261
Banned

I'm sure earlier this year EA said there will definitely be a demo. I am searching for the quote at the moment, maybe I was thinking of last year?

Any news?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #262
MVP

OVR: 4

Talk should get rid of difficulty levels and only have SIM and arcade mode. Make people learn how to play ball.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #263
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

"Live said the ball was 100% tangible. That's not news. That's been done before and people whined about some of the potential side effects." - What game has had a physics based dribbling system?
Elite 11, live 13! Now if you say they didn't, then EA falsely advertised both of those games...... I just want to know one thing, has the laggish locomotion movement been fixed? I still have this game preordered, but want to know if that issue has been addressed, it was still present in the recent video.. Also is motion blur a part of this yrs game like in UFC?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #264
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

OG, is there anything you can tell us about presentation aspects? Or are you strictly gameplay?

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »