Home

NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #233
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
A word of advise OG, do not artificially speed up the animations. Leave them at the speed they were captured, otherwise you end up with jerky unnatural looking animations with poor transitions from one to the next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnaGUih9xE

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
You have animation experience?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #234
Rookie

JBulls's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Signature Styles, Controls, Coaching Strategies, Adjustments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
You have animation experience?
Nah man... just an observation/constructive feedback...

Old 11-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #235
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
Nah man... just an observation/constructive feedback...

It's appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #236
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

OG, I want to thank you for coming in and reaching out and answering questions.

It's been rough being a Live supporter on the webs the past few years. Good to see the new team is focusing on outreach and connecting with the community.

Are you able to answer questions of topics outside of this blog?

I'm curious, how interior contact animations/physics are going to work this year? Live 10, although incredibly enjoyable, it seemed that it was very animation based once you breached the interior. Too many contact layups/animations. Are there going to be controls to adjust a shot to avoid contact? Will there be weight based physics, so LeBron isn't completely stopped in his tracks by a smaller defender when he has all momentum entering the paint?

Old 11-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #237
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
OG, I want to thank you for coming in and reaching out and answering questions.

It's been rough being a Live supporter on the webs the past few years. Good to see the new team is focusing on outreach and connecting with the community.

Are you able to answer questions of topics outside of this blog?

I'm curious, how interior contact animations/physics are going to work this year? Live 10, although incredibly enjoyable, it seemed that it was very animation based once you breached the interior. Too many contact layups/animations. Are there going to be controls to adjust a shot to avoid contact? Will there be weight based physics, so LeBron isn't completely stopped in his tracks by a smaller defender when he has all momentum entering the paint?
"It's been rough being a Live supporter on the webs the past few years." - I totally get it! I would be saying the same thing. Like I mentioned earlier, it's easy to come on here and bash EA basketball but that does zero for the community.

yes, and I agree(above question you asked). That's one of things I think you will like in this years game. You won't feel that "suction" when getting into the lane. The game is really free and you feel like you've made a play on the ball/or got that basket rather than a elongated sequence playing out. Those elongated sequence look much better but don't feel great, especially when you're 25+ games in.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #238
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
The"hate" is apparently from years past, agendas, and boo hoos from not being invited to test and give input anymore. OG had nothing to do with that and I'm sure will try to answer anything current.

Like... What are the other offensive controls? Is freestyle passing back and the ability to take over other players and initiate the pass?
Thanks man. I'll get that info out as soon as I can. Deepest control scheme Live has ever had. I know that doesn't do much for you right now but it's something you can trust me on.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #239
Banned

OVR: 0

Gotta say it's cool that this dude is coming on here and discussing the game 1 to 1. It's easier to give this game a chance when there's a face to the company. Alot better than being left in the dark.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #240
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
That's a great question. I don't recall how that was captured to be honest. I wouldn't say that's indicative of the animations you will see in Live 14 either. I am surprised though, that nobody picked out the spacing on side S&R or that you have floater control. On defense we have NBA help principals. Did Lopez get there as quick as he should? Probably not but what's his speed rating? Whats (blank) rating? A lot of things go into that possession. If that's Tyson Chandler, does he get there? yes. NBA defenses break down when the ball goes middle and that's why teams don't want the ball to see paint. Trust me, we have 3 man rotations that happen all the time.
Fair enough.

The spacing was proper (never been an issue).

If Lopez' and Lillard's reactions are ratings-based then I'll hold you to that.

Final 2 questions and I'll leave you alone:
-Are there rocket dunks? On the Rose drive to the hoop, he gets in the lane and kind of launches into his dunk. This was a massive issue we saw in Elite clips with Carlos Boozer dunking from the FT line.

-Can we control bank shots? In Live 10 it was based on hitting the left stick. Or is it just contextual?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »