Home

NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
My only hope that EA do some authentic "Streetball" game with lot of locations, street legends signature skills etc... Something like Fifa street. I would be happy if 2k do that kind of stuff but it's unlikely.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #74
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Guess we will hear more about the other modes in the game next week as well, but i don't know why it took this long to announce a online dynasty when the ultimate team confirmation drop a few weeks ago..
Old 10-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3
I can't wait to see more. I know it won't look better than the other game, but don't act like it won't do anything better than the other game. It may have a strong foundation to build off of. Everyone always says they'll take gameplay over graphics, but we write Live off cause of graphics based off a trailer. No one can say how the game will play. I don't want to hear about herky jerky movements because that don't make it bad, maybe less immersive, but not bad. I can bust out my GameCube and have tons of fun even though the games looks like trash. Stop killing Live for the sins of the the previous versions 5 and 6 years ago. Let's just wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
I can't wait to see more. I know it won't look better than the other game, but don't act like it won't do anything better than the other game. It may have a strong foundation to build off of. Everyone always says they'll take gameplay over graphics, but we write Live off cause of graphics based off a trailer. No one can say how the game will play. I don't want to hear about herky jerky movements because that don't make it bad, maybe less immersive, but not bad. I can bust out my GameCube and have tons of fun even though the games looks like trash. Stop killing Live for the sins of the the previous versions 5 and 6 years ago. Let's just wait and see.
Right there with you.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
I don't want to hear about herky jerky movements because that don't make it bad, maybe less immersive, but not bad. I can bust out my GameCube and have tons of fun even though the games looks like trash.
Movement and immersion contribute hugely to the gameplay experience. Look and feel is what makes many games fun and ties into how controls "feel" as part of the interactive illusion.

If you're okay with bad looking, jerky games, then by all means, play your GameCube. Don't expect people to appreciate spending 60$ on a next-gen console game for current gen visuals and seemingly rougher-than-current-gen gameplay. That's just not "fun" for many.

There are plenty of bad looking, bad moving games people can play now. Live should rightfully be torched for destroying their franchise, hyping expectations, failing to deliver, just to make another bad looking, unpolished game while charging full price for it.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-22-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Movement and immersion contribute hugely to the gameplay experience. Look and feel is what makes many games fun and ties into how controls "feel" as part of the interactive illusion.

If you're okay with bad looking, jerky games, then by all means, play your GameCube. Don't expect people to appreciate spending 60$ on a next-gen console game for current gen visuals and seemingly rougher-than-current-gen gameplay. That's just not "fun" for many.

There are plenty of bad looking, bad moving games people can play now. Live should rightfully be torched for destroying their franchise, hyping expectations, failing to deliver, just to make another bad looking, unpolished game while charging full price for it.
100% agree with this. They have spewed BS for a long long time with regard to madden and live. They deserve to be torched. Hopefully the decline in sales leads to a completely new approach to developing sports games. You never want a company to fail if has decent intentions. EA does not have good intentions. Profit comes first , quality is somewhere much further down the line. This model works in food producttion , the clothing industry , automobile manufacturing. It does not work in software. The finished product has to run as advertised. Their overall reluctance to release info. The way the vid looked. Bounce tek? It looks like this is another year where expectations with the consumer and internally at EA will not be met. I'm sure they'll turn a profit though.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

That game you speak of isn't live though. They have great feel, responsiveness and control. What they don't have is smooth looking animations. Give me control over looks as far as immersion any day. When I'm playing all I care about is if the inputs I execute do what I want and create the space I want. With that comes the feeling and satisfaction of pulling off moves, making the extra pass etc. I never got that from the other game.

Simply why Mario bros is one of the best game of all time. They got the controls of simply running, moving and jumping tied into the feel and control so good. Makes any graphical deficiencies nothing more than cosmetic. I want to play a game and be amazed. Not watch it and be amazed in replay mode.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 9

I wonder if there will be any good based Online League or Online Associations or whatever as for the game modes features.

If there is and Live supplies a good solid base basketball, i really may jump to Ea side instantly. I do buy Bball games to be able to run my leagues so. Hopefully there will be a good one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »