Home

NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im talking like so recent they should've been there with THIS game

I can't disagree. 06 was a travesty because every feature on it was greyed out. They were promising stuff like players diving into the crowd for loose balls, and that was never accomplished in those years you named.

07 should've been cancelled because it was that bad.

08 was more playable and had some sig stuff in it but not playable for long because it was hard to stomach more than a game.

09 had some nice ideas like the team practice gym, but it just never goes beyond that. Its like these guys stay at the mediocre level as if thats the best they can do, and im starting to think thats all they are, sadly.
You brought back memories lol. I remember reading a article about players crashing into camera men and it suppose to show a replay from the camera the player ran into. Think that was suppose to be in 06 if im not mistaken.

Last edited by Jay Jay; 10-22-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 AM   #66
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im talking like so recent they should've been there with THIS game.
brent neilsen who I emailed for 07(which you saw) is also on live 14....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #67
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
You brought back memories lol. I remember reading a article about players crashing into camera men and it suppose to show a replay from the camera the player ran into. Think that was suppose to be in 06 if im not mistaken.
Yep in 06, and somehow it never went past that. I think Playmakers was the one who edited the entire game to make it semi playable and he did it every year, but I think he stopped after Live 09, he just gave up. I edited 10 and Bigg D took it from there, which for whatever reason, they always messed up the ratings and tendencies horribly.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:34 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
brent neilsen who I emailed for 07(which you saw) is also on live 14....
Brent Neilsen back on Live? Ain't he the one responsible for the foot work in 07 I think, when the players was stuck to the ground like they had concrete shoes on?
Old 10-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #69
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Brent Neilsen back on Live? Ain't he the one responsible for the foot work in 07 I think, when the players was stuck to the ground like they had concrete shoes on?
Hehe, I was QA for Live 07/08... wanted to gnaw my hands off at the wrist during those dreadful times. didnt disclose i was QA at the time the CEO of EA Canada and 3 Lives devs got my email, wouldve been singled out easy.

Look at that clips in the Live 14 trailer when Nash curls around the pick.. see how slow he's moving.. now go watch some Live 07 movement clips... notice any similarities? Was like controlling senior citizen version of the players..

Yep same Brent Neilsen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
2 many 2k questions. You should have focused on EA without mentioning 2k. that's like someone asking Kevin Durant questions about Lebron James. Id be annoyed.
I agree about that. At this point, they are not in competition with them. They are in competition with themselves. They are right about 2k crowds though. artificial sounds, very generic looking crowds. No response other than cheering to shots, no groans, etc. Live has that aspect locked down. You can feel every big shot in the last 3-4 mins of the 4th quarter
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #71
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz GoRiLlAz
Yo anybody who's bashing on Live, really have the rights to. But has anyone noticed why 2K stepped up there game? It's because competition is back, and what did it do? It made 2K react, and say wow Live is making a comeback, and we must come with our total 100%. If the game fails 2K oh well, but why do people want 2K or Live to fail. Competition is healthy, and it brings the best in companies, like it did to 2K. To say Live sucks, also is to say the work of over 70 staff members suck, who spend time in a studio working passionately, for the release of a game that hasn't been released in a long time. Folks who probably sacrificed some time away from there family, to meet standards, and expectations set by Ea Sports which Nba Live 13 failed to do so . Honestly I don't think any of us likes it when people say our hard work sucks/trash, when they never took in consideration of our hard work, and dedication. Not being biased, but realist.. xD
This makes no sense. 2K has had next gen dev kits for two years, a year and a half at the least. Not to mention the point of competition driving others to be better is by the other company being a threat to them. It's not competition just because the other dude actually showed up. Boxcar Lou showing up to a fight against Prime Mike Tyson doesn't automatically make him competition for Tyson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #72
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Realistically, this has NOTHING to do with Live Vs. 2K; This is all due to the fact that the guys at EA just don't know how to make a quality basketball game, at least not with the staff they have employed right now.

They have all these 3 year visions that never amount to anything, all these buzzwords that amount to nothing, and all this improved "tech" that amounts to nothing.

Yes Live 10 was good, but guess who was heading that game? Mike Wang. I don't trust anything the guys at EA can do without a guy like Wang at the helm. They just don't get how to make a sim basketball experience and it shows.

It's like they''re trying so hard to make a sim game, but no matter what they do, they can't get out of that casual/arcade mindset. I don't know if it's because they can't, won't, or just don't care, but I have absolutely NO hope for this series when it comes to the next gen consoles.

They're going to have to prove to me that they can make a sim game, but right now, it looks absolutely hopeless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »