Home

NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
Did he really just say that? lol

well... im still not sure if im buying both 2k and live or neither.... so until i see a few videos and reviews im just gunna stand by and observe.
I laughed when I read that.

I'm no fanboy, [I don't buy sports sim every year] but it was funny reading that..like 2k was failing. If its half of 2k11, it seems like it still will be better than live 14.

I don't think they expect to win. in year one. They want to make a good dent in 2k's sales. I think that dent will be a ding.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #58
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
The best thing they can do is to let the game speak for it self because nobody trust anything they say.
They hide behind tech and lie

We are supposed to believe what they say then discard everything we see?

I dont think so. The last time I saw this much disdain for a product was when MS tried to put all of those restrictions on the Xbone and people turned on them quick fast and in a hurry.

Before then the overwhelming majority rejected Elite and it ended up cancelled.

Its rare that you go all over and see people with the same responses everywhere. That can't bode well at all for asking people to plop down $65 to be alpha testers on a 3 year project.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 19
2 many 2k questions. You should have focused on EA without mentioning 2k. that's like someone asking Kevin Durant questions about Lebron James. Id be annoyed.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They hide behind tech and lie

We are supposed to believe what they say then discard everything we see?

I dont think so. The last time I saw this much disdain for a product was when MS tried to put all of those restrictions on the Xbone and people turned on them quick fast and in a hurry.

Before then the overwhelming majority rejected Elite and it ended up cancelled.

Its rare that you go all over and see people with the same responses everywhere. That can't bode well at all for asking people to plop down $65 to be alpha testers on a 3 year project.
I feel you but at the same time all sports games is like alpha games because they don't have enough time to fully develop games as other non sports games. Sports developers get the most backlash because we expect more than they really can do given the time frame they have.

This is no excuse for Live.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #61
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
I feel you but at the same time all sports games is like alpha games because they don't have enough time to fully develop games as other non sports games. Sports developers get the most backlash because we expect more than they really can do given the time frame they have.

This is no excuse for Live.
I understand sports games have a shorter span.. completely.

...but understand I saw stuff like a group of guys go to EA, give their input and get completely ignored, then the game got cancelled.

After that I saw emails sent, where those community guys practically pleaded with them for months, up to about a year and a half to come help, even before the move to tiburon and afterwards only to get brushed off then ignored.

Believe me, there is no excuse for what this is, and EA has a reputation for selling games that they know are either broken or not ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #62
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

...but understand I saw stuff like a group of guys go to EA, give their input and get completely ignored, then the game got cancelled.

After that I saw emails sent, where those community guys practically pleaded with them for months, up to about a year and a half to come help, even before the move to tiburon and afterwards only to get brushed off then ignored.

Believe me, there is no excuse for what this is, and EA has a reputation for selling games that they know are either broken or not ready.
you forgot me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Trust me I know, I bought every one that ever came out and from 06 to 09 none of those games was worth 20 to me. EA's problem is the big wigs they need to let the developers freely create games so there vision won't get thrown off based on what the big wigs think is going to make them money.

Last edited by Jay Jay; 10-22-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:09 AM   #64
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
you forgot me..
Im talking like so recent they should've been there with THIS game

Quote:
Trust me I know, I bought every one that ever came out and from 06 to 09 none of those games was worth 20 to me.
I can't disagree. 06 was a travesty because every feature on it was greyed out. They were promising stuff like players diving into the crowd for loose balls, and that was never accomplished in those years you named.

07 should've been cancelled because it was that bad.

08 was more playable and had some sig stuff in it but not playable for long because it was hard to stomach more than a game.

09 had some nice ideas like the team practice gym, but it just never goes beyond that. Its like these guys stay at the mediocre level as if thats the best they can do, and im starting to think thats all they are, sadly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »