Home

NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships
I didn't see anything about their Q&A that portrayed them as scared, but that's just me.
Scared was probably not the correct word to use, nervous possibly, I'm sure they are well aware they can't fail again, but my argument is why are they being so complacent? Why not wow us now? Why wait for all the negative publicity to shadow that they may have a good game in the works
Old 10-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadojoker
Damn hate replying on my phone it always submits when I'm typing..anyways EA will buold on Live 10 (not elite) and shell out a decent 7.5-8 game...we all know or believe 2k next gen will be solid 9-9.9 but if its all flash and no substance. You will all eat your words on these boards
I respect your opinion, but I think that EA is the one who is sleeping, and if you have played 2K14 on any CG platform you would know that 2K are gonna tweak it so that graphics & gameplay compliment each other on NG, the advantage of releasing CG game this year.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #51
Rookie

Yo anybody who's bashing on Live, really have the rights to. But has anyone noticed why 2K stepped up there game? It's because competition is back, and what did it do? It made 2K react, and say wow Live is making a comeback, and we must come with our total 100%. If the game fails 2K oh well, but why do people want 2K or Live to fail. Competition is healthy, and it brings the best in companies, like it did to 2K. To say Live sucks, also is to say the work of over 70 staff members suck, who spend time in a studio working passionately, for the release of a game that hasn't been released in a long time. Folks who probably sacrificed some time away from there family, to meet standards, and expectations set by Ea Sports which Nba Live 13 failed to do so . Honestly I don't think any of us likes it when people say our hard work sucks/trash, when they never took in consideration of our hard work, and dedication. Not being biased, but realist.. xD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #52
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
Scared was probably not the correct word to use, nervous possibly, I'm sure they are well aware they can't fail again, but my argument is why are they being so complacent? Why not wow us now? Why wait for all the negative publicity to shadow that they may have a good game in the works
The best thing they can do is to let the game speak for it self because nobody trust anything they say.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #53
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm actually intrigued by the interview, if there's anything Live does right its control. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the post game that he says we'll be pleasantly surprised about.

I mean the graphics might not look completely next gen but they don't hinder the game either, in my opinion. If they get the control and gameplay fun, and sim at the same time I can't complain. Plus I've always wanted Live to have signature dribbling with their control scheme and now it seems there on to something that will only get better with time.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #54
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
[b[Is anyone going to buy your game after how amazing 2k14 looked?[/b]

As expected, 2K14 looked good. I'm curious to see how it translates to 5v5 gameplay.
Did he really just say that? lol

well... im still not sure if im buying both 2k and live or neither.... so until i see a few videos and reviews im just gunna stand by and observe.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I'm actually intrigued by the interview, if there's anything Live does right its control. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the post game that he says we'll be pleasantly surprised about.

I mean the graphics might not look completely next gen but they don't hinder the game either, in my opinion. If they get the control and gameplay fun, and sim at the same time I can't complain. Plus I've always wanted Live to have signature dribbling with their control scheme and now it seems there on to something that will only get better with time.
Even tho the ggraphics is not on par with 2k I still see things about this game that could make me like it better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz GoRiLlAz
Yo anybody who's bashing on Live, really have the rights to. But has anyone noticed why 2K stepped up there game? It's because competition is back, and what did it do? It made 2K react, and say wow Live is making a comeback, and we must come with our total 100%. If the game fails 2K oh well, but why do people want 2K or Live to fail. Competition is healthy, and it brings the best in companies, like it did to 2K. To say Live sucks, also is to say the work of over 70 staff members suck, who spend time in a studio working passionately, for the release of a game that hasn't been released in a long time. Folks who probably sacrificed some time away from there family, to meet standards, and expectations set by Ea Sports which Nba Live 13 failed to do so . Honestly I don't think any of us likes it when people say our hard work sucks/trash, when they never took in consideration of our hard work, and dedication. Not being biased, but realist.. xD
I'd doubt 2K decided to have crazy realistic graphics after the announcement of Live 14. You really can't prove that the return of Live influenced 2K14, since 2K has made large improvements in almost all gameplay aspects every year. And we haven't seen anything but a few dunks and jumpshots from next gen.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »