Home

NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #33
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
"authentic responsiveness"

Sounds about right.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien

Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
This Q & A just proves that EA is worried, they don't want to release any information about Live 14 because it might do more damage than good, especially if it turns out to be worse than expected, this game has no hype at all, the best response EA is getting is "I hope they bring out a good game, best of luck to them" and its negative press like this twitter Q & A that will continue to diminish anything good about Live 14 & EA until launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Really nothing to take from this interview, but it's twitter based, so no surprise there.

Looking forward to seeing more out of this game this week. IMHO, Anyone who has ever liked the Live series should feel the same. I think people forget that even though this game won't be the best on the shelves, it's going to bring a completely different experience--And if it's even relatively playable, that is a good thing.
Unfortunately I think this game will be the only one left on shelves
Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
This Q & A just proves that EA is worried, they don't want to release any information about Live 14 because it might do more damage than good, especially if it turns out to be worse than expected, this game has no hype at all, the best response EA is getting is "I hope they bring out a good game, best of luck to them" and its negative press like this twitter Q & A that will continue to diminish anything good about Live 14 & EA until launch.
They've got time.. the video game isn't coming out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
He's has a point, they make it sound good in interviews but when you actually play the game it's nothing like they made it sound in the interviews. But at the same time, you can't expect anybody to make their product sound anything other than outstanding in interviews. It' like interviewing a director or actor before their movie is released, they are going to say the movie is great, until you go and see it, then you realize you were stupid for believing them.

Bottom line, if somebody believe everything someone says in an bias interview, you are naive.
What would you have wanted them to say?

Last edited by Championships; 10-21-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships

IMO if you are finally releasing a game after being absent for 3 years while your competitor is making big steps, more information is necessary, EA should be doing everything they can to get people excited about Live 14, and the "let's wait till just before launch" approach isn't going to cut it, unlike 2K sports who released their game on CG, this is EA Sports first attempt and let's face it, they look scared!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championships

What would would I want to hear as a consumer? How about skipping pointless Q & A and get Sean O'Brien in front of a videocam, give him a controller, and let him show us some gameplay, and I'd guarantee that Live & 2K fans would appreciate that type of marketing over a page of closed questions.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I just want to know if there will be some sort of Franchise mode in this years game. Doubt it will be answered, but worth a shot.
This is a great question and I'd like to know this as well. Basically, I'd like answers to the following questions:

- Is there a Franchise/Association mode?
- If so, is there a choice of how many games there are for each year of our Franchise?(28, 56, etc?)
- Are there in-game injuries?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »