Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #713
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Why? Isn't that their opinion? You can't be saying that you don't think they deserve the right to that opinion.

Remember hate pollutes the mind.
never said that tho. not going to get into this back and forth with you guys. not a female
Old 10-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #714
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
lol, you're a funny guy. again, I don't care if ppl like or dislike the trailer, I take issue with ppl who assume the game is going to suck.

This is hilarious considering the Devs compared this year's game to the Cleveland Cavs and how an ea executive said it's not ready for prime time competition.

There are no assumptions considering that plus what we've seen so far.

I know you don't care but you're seriously not helping the point you're trying to make. .

Galaxy Note 2
Old 10-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #715
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
This has been always the case. I am getting both, because the guys I like to play with are getting both.

Live's players have always controlled better than 2K's players. Some say its too "arcady", but you won't see Dwight Howard, Lebron, or any other 'signature skilled' players leaping from 15-20 feet away to block you at the rim, when you're faster PG is already there on a fast break, like I see now in 2K (try it in game). There is no "gimmick" to help you stick to your opponent on defense in LIVE. Real basketball is positioning and execution. Signature skills broke 2k online (who needs an over the top 4th quarter trait) to the point you won't see weaker teams player a lot online.

I am tired of it (2K) only looking better than LIVE at this point. Thats the only comparison the detractors have at this point, and they are running with it like they work for 2K. Their (2K's) online servers have always sucked, online leagues constantly freezing, locking players out, deleting themselves, and a host of other network issues that are recurring, and thats when the server is up.

They gave us a shiny bone with a half a$$ed FIBA (Live 10 had 24 teams vs. 16 for 2K)not done properly and regressing the idea (Think FIBA with the level of FIFA support), current gen gameplay always felt sluggish unless you play at warp speed, the correct rosters are never right for online play, their"introduction" of ball physics this year is sloppy, and reminds me of Madden locomotion last year with players bouncing off each other after the play was dead,.... and every player model is a superhero (Nerlens Noel with muscles like LeBron). People obviously keep forgetting that flavor of Kool-aid or just have been conditioned to prefer it.

If it LIVE performs in the least like current gen, NCAA football, Madden, or FIFA (they all use locomotion engine) then 2K should be wary. They are relying on the masses who gravitated and drank the Kool-aid during LIVE's absence, and liked the pretty colors and uniforms and sneakers.

I'm sure that Live/2K battle is going to be in full effect after this season, and 2k will be forced to change...for the better and not just graphically or introducing things that should be standard years ago, as "new". All of these features were in LIVE 10, not including daily roster up****** (Synergy Sports), "MYPLAYER" type leagues. Competition in software development always brings out the best in each competitor. I'm sure 2k will always look nice, and attract the masses of superhero fans.

I'm mad at LIVE too for standing us up too many times, but this time, I'm actually going to hold a 'Competition' and decide from there. Mike
Wang went to 2k and took his 'ideas' with him to 2K so now you see 2K doing some LIVE stuff.

I can't wait to hear Steve Kerr and Marv Albert again, if they are in!

Lastly, 'we're talking about trailers, not promised 5-on-5 game-play , not 5-on-5 gameplay, but trailers, not 5-on 5 game-play that we all want, but trailers....'
much respect for this post. pretty sure some ppl will attack you for it tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #716
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Do you assume the game is going to be good?

The whole *point* of the trailer is to convince them the game will be good. Why can't they use their own judgement to conclude otherwise?
Because despite how much people like to preach about being biased and and not respecting others opinions on here what it really comes down to is that people don't like the game that they do and it makes them feel bad so they start throwing tantrums about the "current state of OS being unfair to Live fans".

Do me a favor and look at the like/dislike bar on that NBA Live trailer. Is all of Youtube biased too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xaRywnnQI
Old 10-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #717
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
much respect for this post. pretty sure some ppl will attack you for it tho

Its time for your trolling to stop. You are repeating the same thing over and again and it's without warrant.

This is a warning to you. If you can't handle a different opinion especially when I see tons of posts explaining why people feel the way they do... maybe you shouldn't respond to them.

Continually calling people haters and attackers as a response is trolling and it needs to stop.

Galaxy Note 2

Last edited by 23; 10-20-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #718
Rookie

OVR: 1

graphically i did not have a problem with this trailer. now if you want to compare it to the 2k trailer(which most of us did). its not even close to the intensity of the trailer. now with that said. i dont like that there just putting out this trailer like they have been making basketball games year after year. all i wanted to see was a small demonstration of the game in play. side view 5 on 5 basketball. i would have been happy with 1 v 1 for that matter.

it may be early in this battle for basketball supremacy, but if i were waiting to make a pre order on the next hoops game, there is no way in the world i am going to pick live over the 2k trailer. even if i never played either game series. they need to get live gameplay footage out soon.

like i keep saying, does EA have faith in this product?
Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #719
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Because despite how much people like to preach about being biased and and not respecting others opinions on here what it really comes down to is that people don't like the game that they do and it makes them feel bad so they start throwing tantrums about the "current state of OS being unfair to Live fans".

Do me a favor and look at the like/dislike bar on that NBA Live trailer. Is all of Youtube biased too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9xaRywnnQI
I watched the Live trailer on YouTube and also noticed the total dislike for the trailer, something so one sided has to be a concern to EA Sports that the game hasn't been received by the sports gaming community, although they had to know the critics/doubters were waiting for them.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #720
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstsportsgamer1977
graphically i did not have a problem with this trailer. now if you want to compare it to the 2k trailer(which most of us did). its not even close to the intensity of the trailer. now with that said. i dont like that there just putting out this trailer like they have been making basketball games year after year. all i wanted to see was a small demonstration of the game in play. side view 5 on 5 basketball. i would have been happy with 1 v 1 for that matter.

it may be early in this battle for basketball supremacy, but if i were waiting to make a pre order on the next hoops game, there is no way in the world i am going to pick live over the 2k trailer. even if i never played either game series. they need to get live gameplay footage out soon.

like i keep saying, does EA have faith in this product?
EA has to back this product, it's their big comeback into NBA basketball genre, and I like you just wanted to see a demo of Live 14, that might not have been scrutinised quite as bad as the trailer did

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »