Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #641
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
If we're not supposed to judge the game by a video, then we should also discount everything positive we see. Can't have it both ways.
THIS kind of post is a prime example of just damned good common sense! If you're going to babble to the press and hype up your game, then don't try to tell people to not believe what they see. You want people to believe what you say less than what they see? FOH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #642
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
You can't be serious.
Do you see a smiley in my post as if I'm joking? No? OK then.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #643
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I'm still buying the game because I support competition. Competition is good for the gamers. It didn't look good, but it's something new... Well kind of... Either way we the gamers all win with competition. Obviously most of my play time is going to 2k though.
Huh!? So I'll buy a Kia, not because I like Kias but because of the competition it creates with Mercedes

Really?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #644
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
The guy who posted that tweet in here has an agenda.

The Live gameplay designer who said that was talking about Madden videos. Not Live.

But I'll let him tell it..

I just wanted to say I went back and read the whole tweet conversation, and that was def. the Live dev who said that, not the Madden dev... im sorry but I agree with what Sundown was quoted as saying the Boilerbuzz's above post.

SMH
Old 10-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #645
Rookie

OVR: 5

Damn, I should have watch live trailer before 2k. This is very disappointing, the screenshots fooled me. The graphics looks like nba live 10 graphics, which is a bad thing. The animations look weird and stiff. This trailer is very dry, no flavour to it at all. The only positives are the ball and the shoes, both look nice. Live is way too far behind, but I just hope it is released.
MLB New York Yankees

PSN: Neutral242
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #646
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
i don't care if ppl didn't like the trailer. "looked better than I expected" because I wasn't expecting much. expected them to put out a game and improve in live 15. don't know what high expectations some of you had.
As I've said before, I'm one of the few people that tried to warn folks not to get their hopes up too high? Why:

1. The team wasn't fully staffed until 18 months ago.
2. The staff is WILDLY inexperienced. Just because Sean O'Brian is leading it, doesn't make up for the hundreds of people that actually have to make the game. O'Gallagher is new to this as well. But just because he played in Europe, he's a natural for game design?
3. We're dealing with Tiburon. A studio pretty notorious lately. But more importantly, a studio that had lost some KEY talent recently AND may be doing too much for it to handle.
4. If they took Live 10, Live 13, or Elite 11, they were STILL going to start from a foundation that was clearly below that of 2K.

So with those points, why in the hell would ANYONE believe that the game was supposed to be good, let alone groundbreaking. So, with my limited time with it at E3, I pretty much expected what you saw in the trailer. Not saying it would be bad. Just have some obvious warts. And, I KNEW some people would hate it. So, I too didn't expect too much. But I fully expect some folks to roast them. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If others didn't come in threads to over-hype Ignite and Bouncetek, the backlash (a reason it's called "backlash") wouldn't be as strong.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-19-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #647
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythreesons
Huh!? So I'll buy a Kia, not because I like Kias but because of the competition it creates with Mercedes

Really?
True. I've made my position on this pretty clear. If you want to support competition, don't buy ANY of EA Sports products! Don't buy 2K if you want to be fair. But you sure as hell shouldn't buy something from a company that has killed competition across the board and would LOVE to kill competition in the basketball genre as well.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #648
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Looks exactly like Live 10. Look exactly like a game on the PS3 and 360 as well. After 3 years I just expected way more then this. I will pick it up once it drops to $25 to $30, don't look like it is worth $60. Just way too many other non sports games coming out that look better then this.

Something about the players just look off to me. Too much brightness, shine, reflection or something.
Some players obviously worse or better than others. Nash is iffy, but I think Irving's face looks very good. Not 2k worthy but commendable effort IMO

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »