Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #617
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Just being honest.
Really? They're already on a redesign of the dribbling system (2K11) and it's already capable of everything you see touted in Bouncetek.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #618
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Why not release a video or better yet, a game without the many, many visual problems then?

Graphics can be terrible and defenders can jerk around spastically but gameplay is king as long as we have pretty dribbling animations?

If we're not supposed to judge the game by a video, then we should also discount everything positive we see. Can't have it both ways.
I honestly think that the people working at EA believes it looks good.

Maybe because they see it everyday. Or maybe because they have seen the actual gameplay. Or maybe they are just ignorant.

But I think they really believe it is a good product or else they wouldn't have put those videos out.

It is kind of the same way they thought Elite 13 was good. Right until it got out to the public and received negative feedback.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #619
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Wait, so they showed me team fortress Nash and that jerky video and im now im jumping to conclusions?

Wait...everybody is jumping to conclusions over a video
Dag gone it 23. I forgot you still had this gif in your stache
Old 10-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #620
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
1. Foot planting. Everyone has been complaining about foot sliding in 2k and there is NONE in this trailer. Great footwork.
Holy crap. Are you serious? Blind? Were you just looking at the dribbler during standing dribble moves? You had to be. I'm not complaining about it, but for you to say there was NONE makes you either blind or someone stretching the truth by a LOT. I've already said that foot locking is NOT an easy thing to nail especially in a sports game. Don't expect to not see some sliding on occasion. But again, don't try to make this statement when the video shows quite a bit of it.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #621
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

Maybe because they see it everyday. Or maybe because they have seen the actual gameplay. Or maybe they are just ignorant.

But I think they really believe it is a good product or else they wouldn't have put those videos out.

It is kind of the same way they thought Elite 13 was good. Right until it got out to the public and received negative feedback.

You know what man... screw 2k

If you turn on the tv, NBA Tv, Fox Sports, ESPN, ABC, youtube, Apple TV, Roku, etc etc

There is now way you look at a real basketball game and then look at this and say "yep, looks just like the real deal"

That's just not possible in this day and age
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #622
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
i read somewhere that they were still trying to fix the ai.
This close to release? Forget everything else, THAT is the biggest red flag of all. AI should have that nailed down by now with the game going gold in weeks.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #623
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

I think they have what's most common in writers. The first draft of a book a writer does is absolutely terrible 100% of the time. Why? Because we didn't write what we think we wrote and we didn't explain what we thought they explained, hence plotholes everywhere. Why is that? Because we are too close to the writing (or product in this case). We need to take a stepback, wait for a month or two, then look at it again or send it out for feedback/get it cleaned up by a professional editor because that's what editors are for.

From what I've seen at EA continually over the years, they don't send out or heed any feedback, whatsoever. So when they do get feedback (reviews) and they end up negative, they end up puzzled because they still believe what they wrote (or created) is a good product, when that is clearly not the case.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #624
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You know what man... screw 2k

If you turn on the tv, NBA Tv, Fox Sports, ESPN, ABC, youtube, Apple TV, Roku, etc etc

There is now way you look at a real basketball game and then look at this and say "yep, looks just like the real deal"

That's just not possible in this day and age
They don't think it doesn't look good.

There was a reason they released no footage of NBA Live 2007 besides that Sonics/Pistons fake video. They knew it was crap.

And in the same vein, there was a reason they did release the Elite 11 demo. That game was even shipped. Right until hard8times dropped a bomb on them.

If they thought that the Steve Nash video was trash, it wouldn't have gotten the green light to be released. Trust me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »