Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #585
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

It's a real testament to the fans that Live has that you can come out with something of this caliber compared to the competition and still have people defending it or buying it just because . Just hope their quality of work can someday live up to deserve that praise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #586
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
What i dont understand is the passes they are getting for having to only work on 1 game on NEXT GEN...there should be no animation issues, there should be so much more you can do with a payer...dont give them a pass for this years iteration solely because you want an NBA Live game to be good.
Remember all that talk about the other game not being good because it'll be a port or because their team is distracted by current-gen?

Remember the talk about how Live would be epic because EA is solely focused on next gen and how next-gen tech makes game development easy and games look magically fantastic?

Remember that?

Strange which one ended up looking next gen, and which one doesn't at all.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #587
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
The AI is not turned down man... the denial needs to stop. First it was this is an old build (which it wasn't) and now AI is turned down... turning the difficulty down doesn't produce some of the waste that we saw happen.

This is what they claimed to be "legit" gameplay, and the thing is filtered and spliced and doctored to try to make things not appear so bad, but it is that bad to where its apparent anyway.
To be fair, I don't think the video necessarily shows bad AI on the Rose drive. What it does show is that the action is staged and some sequences that weren't from the same play were spliced together for the sake producing a highlight. It shows it's not necessarily "real" gameplay whenever there's a camera cut.

Defenders were probably removed for Rose to be able to drive. Two different layups by Kyrie were spliced to look like the same shot. That's why it looks weird and as if Kyrie floated across the bottom of the basket to finish his reverse.

And what this truly shows is that those involved in developing the game don't pay attention to the details-- whether it's player proportions, lighting, animations, capturing footage from their own game, even when editing their own marketing videos-- and seem out of touch and don't know what basketball fans actually watch for.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-19-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #588
Rookie

I think this is a good start for EA but my main concern is if the big ups will allow the developers to keep their vision for this game. EA has some work to do but the potential is there for Live to become great in the years to come.

Positives

1- Dribbling is on point.
2-Signature moves look good.
3-Ball physics look good. See how it bounce off Rose shoulder after the dunk.
4-Footwork look good. Need to see more tho to make a full judgement.
5-Defensive reactions seems more realistic. Didn't see any unrealistic recoveries hopefully player motion truly matters

Negatives

1-Graphics don't look nextgen but im a hold judgment till I see it on my screen.
2-Transitioning animations look bad.
3-Defense look suspect.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #589
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

I've seen several people say this now. Why do people keep saying the dribbling is good?

I dont get it. How can you tell its good by watching these vids? What do they mean it just looks good?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #590
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
I've seen several people say this now. Why do people keep saying the dribbling is good?

I dont get it. How can you tell its good by watching these vids? What do they mean it just looks good?
Go look at the video on science of bouncetek on nbalive.com and you will learn how dribbling use to work compared to Lives ne tech.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:16 AM   #591
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Go look at the video on science of bouncetek on nbalive.com and you will learn how dribbling use to work compared to Lives ne tech.
eh...fancy dribbling is the least thing i look for in my basketball game i dont want to play NBA Street / Jam. and if its anything like the dribbling they had in Elite the controls for that demo was HORRIBLE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #592
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis

it looks fluid and almost lifelike. That being said, its one persons signature for a myriad of guards. Also bouncetek focus on guard dribbling, so maybe 1-3 will have these packages. the 4 and 5. HA! I'm curious to see how they dribble, tim duncan noah, and such

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »