Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #521
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Noshun..... You don't need to bash people for what they believe in. And if you do don't be so hostel about it... Your nuttin but a cyber bully.
Who says I bashed him? I havent done such a thing, nor am I being hostle.
Cyber bully, please.. cut it out. Im sure EA released Elite 11, Live 12 & Live 13 because of the feedback theyve gotten from the community of the things they liked, correct?
Hey if you have those 3 game please tell me where you got em? Or did homerism help those 3 games hit the market, vs. things people didnt like with this series that made them buy another NBA product?

You tell me, I'll wait.... I dont have a problem with what he or anyone believes in. Feel free to post your opinion. I enjoy reading good & bad. It lets developers know what they need to fix and improve. what I dont like is people bring the other game into thhis forum, as if the problems they have with that game are the reasons that this game was cancelled an entire presidential term. Especially when they cant find faults with the game this forum is about. It breeds STAGNATION..... & cancelation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 10-18-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #522
All Star

OVR: 49

WOW that was bad. Live did it again , they look so stiff and zombie like. I cant believe live has gotten so bad. I can see them scraping the game again , not sure if they can risk another canceled release. There used to have crap game . I miss having 2 nba games to play. Been yrs since it was any good.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #523
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
Very underwhelming trailer. I mentioned before, I don't like the way Live's trailers are edited. It has no flavor. You can tell from the way the trailer is cut up that they were trying to hide the herky jerky animations. The transitional animations from dribbling to shots are still really poor and not smooth. Also I don't like the net physics. I can already tell what 5 on 5 gameplay is going to look like.

In regards to the dribbling or "Bounce tek", I think that the stand still dribbling is done very well. However, I don't like the way the explosions look (ex. derrick rose).

The player models are not my cup of tea. Players that are suppose to be standing straight up knees are bent and backs are hunched over. It just looks bad. There is also alot of herky jerky movements from the defense. Overall I never liked live's graphics current gen. They went from looking ashy to looking like a plastic cartoon character. It seems like that plastic look has made it's way to next gen.

Bottomline is that this game doesn't look Next Gen. It looks like a current gen game with a "very small" graphical upgrade.
Good post these are my sentiments to a tee...I think that trailer tried to hide blatant deficiencies in the game. The movements were robotic the models were way off and the only thing that looked decent was the standstill dribbling but the explosion out of it was terrible..I don't get it with the hunchbacks and bent knee. At some point EA has to look at who is actually working on the game and reassess personel. They have a tough choice now will the public pay full price for that and 2K14?...I don't think so. I see a initial lower purchase price taking place just to get it out the door. I cant justiy it to myself to pay full price for that at all..thats a 30 game at best at this point..
Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #524
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

It's not only the game itself, but the quality of the trailer as a promotional video. Regardless of what the game looks like, the trailer itself (editing, effects, etc.) isn't top notch. I would expect more from a company like EA.

Some of the guys creating trailers on their own, can make a game you've been playing for months look amazing and exciting. So a brand new next-gen trailer should look much more exciting.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #525
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
looks better that I expected. crazy how many ppl have opinions on something they have not played. your minds were already made up before you saw the trailer. get out of that mindset . hate pollutes the mind!!!!!!!!!!1
And yet you can have an opinion on how good it is without having played it. Amazing how that works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #526
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

I actually think the positives outweighs the negatives. There's a lot to work on, but there's a lot to build upon as well. I'm just glad we've got another player in the game.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #527
Rookie

OVR: 0

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #528
Rookie

OVR: 3

Does anyone else agree that the trailer and bouncetek serve as a way to mask the flaws of the game?

Movement is not fluid, models, textures and lighting are NBA Live 10. The rim and net look like NBA live 06'.

As a former division 1 college player and long time Live player, I am shocked and horrified at this end product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »