Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #457
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Decent Trailer. I really enjoyed the jump shots they looked smooth as did the dribble moves. The hunchback defense looked pretty bad though.

As did the blow by's because the offensive player looks so animated and lifelike then you look at the defender... and he looks like "meh he can go by me."

The defenders need to open up and shuffle their feet, they look way too stiff. 2K is going to once again outshine them heavily in the animation department.

Overall I'll probably give this game a try later on down the road once the price drops, because despite the animations it could actually be fun to play. Much like Live 10 this game may actually be a fun ride as a break from 2K's brand of bball.

Actually both offensive and defensive players have this stiffness to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhthelegend
2K14 looked like a TV broadcast. Live 14 merely looks like a video game.
That pretty much sums up this trailer.

Last edited by Jano; 10-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #458
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm sorry, but EA must have overhyped the facial expression they were hyping up, cause Lillard facial expression while dribbling looked pathetic!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #459
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White

Side by side comparison video of the two trailers. People are really exaggerating the difference in quality between the two trailers.
Are you a bat?
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #460
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

Not the worst thing i've seen. Next to the competition, it would be hard to pick this over the other.

Gotta start somewhere though, keep trying EA.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #461
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Why do people keep saying "last 3 years"? They've only been working on this for around a year when next-gen was announced and the hardware has been out for less time than that.
Oh yeah? So why are the same issues found in elite 11 and live 13 present in a totally reconstructed nba live 14 with new tech? Live 13 youtube clips look and moves like this trailer, except for dribbling upgrade. Different coat of paint, same car!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 0

How can EA justify this? 4 years working solely on next-gen and this is what you come out with? Really?!?? 2k has been working on multiple platforms for the last 4 years, as well as working on BOTH current gen and next-gen. This blows EA right out of the water. It's not even close, for those EA fans who are saying this is good. EA just needs to admit they don't have the talent to make a basketball game. They just don't, it's clearly obvious. They either need to stop making basketball games or hire people who are talented enough. I know EA is wishing Mike Wang didn't leave.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #463
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
My impressions are here:

When it's less zoomed in, 2k's models like like higher resolution versions of those they've had for years. The facial animations have taken leaps, and the jerseys are better animated, but no, I'm not as taken back by 2k's visuals as some of you obviously are. I suspect the games will appear similar graphically on an HDTV.
I agree with your analysis. I think its still not worth full price buts its better than their last attempts. However I don't think its next gen but its only coming out on that platform so its better than nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #464
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
Oh yeah? So why are the same issues found in elite 11 and live 13 present in a totally reconstructed nba live 14 with new tech? Live 13 youtube clips look and moves like this trailer, except for dribbling upgrade. Different coat of paint, same car!
That's because they are probably using the same animations from those games. I don't think they went in and redid everything.

I'm sure those games were used as a base for Live 14. The new things I could see were jumpshots and dribble moves those looked like they were rebuilt for this gen.

Everything else was probably ripped from previous lives and maybe reworked a bit. EA has got a LOT to redo over the coming years.

I mean look at 2K they have been steadily building there animation library from 2K6 to now so its no wonder it looks so great.

These guys are rewriting mistakes from the past 4 years so all the stiffness doesn't even shock me. I think we gonna be seeing some of that for a bit. All we can hope is that for next coming years is that they continue to build on Live 14 and not scrap again....

Last edited by Jano; 10-18-2013 at 04:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »