Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #449
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Being a BIG NBA2k guy im a little biased. I would never buy this game as NBA2k has made me very happy with my basketball experience for years now. Honestly the game looks OK. Not really in 2K's ballpark yet IMO. Not great. the players look great standing still, BUT....

When the game MOVES and ANIMATES it just looks robotic. Very similar to madden animations IMO. I don't know the differences between EA and 2K and the way they "capture" animations but someone at EA needs to go "undercover" somehow to spy on how 2K makes sports games look so smooth.

The Derrick Rose clip was awful and his body just didn't look right or look like his movements AT ALL. I thought that was the worst part of the video.

#REIGN

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 10-18-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #450
Rookie

OVR: 10
I think the cover athletes for both franchises were pretty fitting. 2k has lebron, and many have sort of grown tired and bored of lebron, which is the sentiment many gamers feel about 2k at its current point. Yea 2k is the best, like lebron is the best, but we all want to find flaws in him, we all want a reason to hate them.

Live is rebuilding, like the cavs are rebuilding after losing that which made them in many peoples eyes..the best. So both have kyrie irving, a guy who has really drummed up a following. But the cavs are still rebuilding, and live...even now...is still rebuilding. There are a lot of things to dislike about lebron, a lot of things to dislike about 2k...but there is no denying it....2k, and lebron....still the best in the game...and live, like kyrie, have some potential....but they have a ways to go before they are equal to their opposition.

I generally cant say i like the trailer, and i mean TRAILER. I think a trailer is designed to hype up its product, and can anyone walk away from this trailer hyped up for live? This isnt even about whether u like what you saw or not, this is just about gaining some kind of fan momentum...and the trailer failed at that.
The music was mundane, the footage was mostly slow and pretty random, nothing was actually highlighted...but most importantly, the timing was terrible.

Kudos for 2k, they have essentially been playing pr chess with live this whole time. Everytime live makes a move, 2k counters with one of its own, preventing any real hype flames from being established. Live should have released this trailer a week ago, it would have allowed them to actually gain a little momentum...instead they let 2k beat them to the punch with their own full size trailer, and regardless of what you think you saw, its undeniable that 2k in just one short day took away every ounce of hype live would have potentially garnered.

Trailers dont mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Elite had some crazy cool promo vids leading to its release, only the product was revealed to be utterly broken. Transformers, Gi Joe, Man of steel. These movies had terrific trailers that really hyped up its product, except the product was pretty bad. How many movies win oscars and grammys that most people say "man ive never even heard of this movie"....so trailers and hype dont really always reflect the final product....

but they do tend to reflect how sales will go.

I wont attempt to review something about this game based on just choice scenes from both games....instead though i choose to review the trailers in themselves....and live falls flat on its face in that regard.

The constant "ITS OVER LADIES AND GENTLEMAN" quotes may be correct here. Unless live pulls a rabbit out of its hat, it really might be over for it. Because whatever hype live could have potentially generated for its game, 2k has effectively stolen it all. Live had an uphill climb before, but now they are trying to scale everest.....and im not sure they will be able to
Old 10-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #451
Just started!

OVR: 0
Also besides Pau Gasoline on the pick and roll, off-ball movement doesn't exist in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #452
Pro

Rams_3's Arena

OVR: 1
So now live has the 2k floaty jerseys lol
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #453
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

What's up with the on-ball defenders spazzing out?
Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #454
Banned

The slo mo robo promo....they better drop them features like yesterday because those graphics definitely won't cut it...it better have the best espn abc nba tv presentation ever and fix the robot gameplay they look like they on stilts and im a live fan I wanted them to prosper but they d r opped the ball now im in here practicing with the new 2k controls with the omg trailer on repeat
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #455
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
The dribbling doesn't even impress me because I can tell this is too much "And 1 Mixtape" then real life basketball. Being able to transition dribble moves that fast isn't realistic, and they're hoping that dribbling is what sells this game. No thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #456
Rookie

If I'd never seen 2K's trailer, I might have thought "this is aight". However, knowing what I know, this looked pretty weak.

The players move like arthritic 80 year olds when they aren't dribbling or shooting, faces are aight, but pretty meh for next-gen, the lighting reminds me of a dingy warehouse, and the players seem rather emotionless.

2K14 looked like a TV broadcast. Live 14 merely looks like a video game. Competition is good and all, but will this really count as competition? Remains to be seen.

Well, at least they used Action Bronson and Run The Jewels in the soundtrack...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »