Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Damn y the **** is there so many pages
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #426
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I already provided my impressions. If I wanted to be as critical of 2k as OS is to Live:

- LeBron was up way too high for a standard block, way too high. Couple of feet too high.

- Seems to still be a force field between collisions. Kobe sliding Rose back in air.

- Hardens beard went through his jersey.

- Kobe's face looks a bit off to me. Looks a bit wide and undefined in the chin/jaw.

- They dont have the proportions right on any of the faces if you look at it from a 45 degree angle, they look incredibly chubby. Hands look like sausages.

- Chris Kaman's beard is too dark and doesn't represent his current look. He doesn't even look like Chris Kaman
- Xavier Henry's model isn't replicated in real life
- Derek Fisher's face looks like the current gen just used for trailer purposes
- Kobe Bryant's face has a lot of discoloration and some of his face features need more tweaking like his jaw and nose
- Russell Westbrook also has some issues with his face and head
- Kevin Durant needs a little more tweaking on the face
- Lebron's face is a bit chubby
- Udonis Haslem's face needs tweaking
- Nick Young's face needs tweaking

And they showed us very little to no actual 5v5 gameplay. Mostly game stoppages such as intros, free throws, celebrations, etc.
This ladies and gentlemen is the most INSANE post I have ever seen on these forums. When you nitpick the most visually impressive video game that has every been released you are either very biased or completely insane. I'd say nit-picking doesn't even come close to what this post was.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #427
Banned

OVR: 2

The clips of actual gameplay look really good. Looks way better than live 10 and hopefully plays better. Great start
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #428
Banned

OVR: 6

Not as bad as i thought, obviously game doesnt look but we ready knew that from screenshots trailers etc..., looks like game could be solid, it looks like live 10 with bouncetek, more sig shots and a bit better post offense? Ill freaking take it at this point

They had duncan and green's shot so perfect, the post turnaround looked good by melo

My only concern is the defender being so behind rose and help defenders being nowhere near rose

Im glad ea releases a gameplay snippet as oppose to 5on5 gameplay, otherwise people would bash this game even more, just let this gane release please so that theres another bball game on the market
Old 10-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #429
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Not bad.... Saw some good things there, but it didn't give me that wow feeling like 2k did. But considering the state of nba live was a year ago, I would say good job.

In all honesty it prob will be a good product.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #430
Rookie

All companies want to make money, the gaming industry isn't a charity. However it's silly to assume these people don't want to put forth a good product, and that they're not passionate about their work. That goes for both EA and 2K. I just think EA as a publisher is more inclined to sacrifice quality for financial gain.

As for these trailers all I can comment on is graphics. Live is about what I expected in a next gen sports game (much better than what we've seen from FIFA and Madden). The 2K trailer blew me away though and really pushed things further. Their 3D models, most apparant in the player faces, have a much higher polygon count than the Live counterparts. Judging by the eye-test it looks like we're seeing the highest polygon count ever in a console game. They've also done an incredible job in the texture department - all different materials are properly represented in a very lifelike way. While I liked Live's stand-still dribble animations, movement on the whole just isn't as fluid as in 2K. I believe Live's actually going to look alot better in real-time, slow-motion really shows off the clunkiness of the animations. 2K's animations are silky smooth even in slow motion - again, much more detail. 2K also sports superior lighting and true to life color, whereas Live is over-saturated and too bright.

So, in terms of graphics, 2K does to Live what LeBron would do to Kyrie. Judging by history there's reason to expect 2K to come out on top in gameplay aswell. That said, I love the fact that Live is back and that we've got competition in basketball gaming again. I have to wonder at the possibilities of the Ignite engine though - so far it doesn't look promising and I don't know that it would ever be capable of competing with the engine 2K is running on.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #431
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
The YouTube video has more dislikes than likes. Don't bite my head off, but that makes me kind of feel bad for them. I know it's their own doing but that's just gotta hurt. I don't see this game selling much at all.
I said the same thing before this video even came out. They should be bundling this game as an add on for buying an XB1 in USA. I don't see a $60 game material here. If the company can't wow you with a trailer something is seriously wrong. They didn't completely start over and built off elements of old live and elite. That foundation is weak IMO. If they can sell 100,000 copies of this that is a success
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #432
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
So, the fact that the trailer was in slow-mo and used cinematic angles somehow negates that the trailer was full of actual gameplay? Are we also disregarding the real-time quality of past NBA 2K games and somehow think that 2K14 will be any different?

Ridiculous...
Drop your PSN gamer tag in here so I can test out that PS4 check-in feature and watch you play NBA2K14 in slow motion from cinematic angles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »