Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #393
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

It's not just Live. All EA player models in all their games are cartoonish. They just need to revamp their art department. Because the cartoonish look isn't going to work for the next gen consoles. People have much higher expectations now.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #394
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't think it was bad. Obviously needs a lot of work though.

The thing I liked the most was the Kobe fadeaway, was the most realistic looking part of the vid imo
Old 10-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #395
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Cool, now where is your Live complaint list? If your 2k complaint list is that long I couldn't imagine how long Live's would be. It's okay to defend a game, but if your going to be critical of one at least be fair and do the same for both. It shows bias IMO.
Yeah, the bias is pretty crazy.

"But I like how Live looks worse-- I mean 'different'."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #396
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I could not care less to address you. If I was going to address you I would. I really don't care what you type.
Obviously.

Quote:
It's just frustrating watching people try to reason with you when your responses amount to nothing more than nuh uh.
I'd credit my responses with a tad bit more substance than that. But then, you're frustrated by things that you do not have a concern or care for, so you could be confused. We have ourselves quite the paradox.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #397
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
Since NBA Live has the Madison Square Garden name on the NYK's court, would 2k also be having the name rights as well?
No because stadium deals are done with the owner of the stadium not through the NBA licensing deal. If 2k has the MSG name it means they did a deal with MSG.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #398
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
It's not just Live. All EA player models in all their games are cartoonish. They just need to revamp their art department. Because the cartoonish look isn't going to work for the next gen consoles. People have much higher expectations now.
It's always been that way since EA and 2K first went up against each other. In the beginning EAs models were preferred by the majority to VC's models in both football and basketball. Only thing is over time EA rested on their models making slight tweaks and changes while VC would take their through major overhauls and in the end it appears that the VC models were kind of like the ugly duckling and were easier to turn into much better looking models.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #399
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yeah, the bias is pretty crazy.

"But I like how Live looks worse-- I mean 'different'."
EA sports games all seem to have a cartoonish look to them. While some might like that most probably don't. The cartoonish look for sports games won't cut it this next gen. They will find out the hard way I believe.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #400
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

No reason anyone should flame you. You hit the nail on the head man.

It's like this....I'm not going to sit at home and watch a TV commercial for a shiny new car and cut a check for it without even seeing it in action. Not some souped up commercial to make it look great. Heck, that car company may have a better marketing department than it's competitor but the car may drive like crap.

But these guys are sitting back just laughing. Less than 30 days before launch and you're showing us angles? Man, Precious can look good in a cropped pic with a filter put on it.

I hear you man. See above.

These dudes are laughing though. They're counting the preorders & forecasts in like, "Suckers!" as they prepare their Day 1 patches to push to Sony & MS.
Did you people honestly expect the first real trailer of substance to just be 2 guys playing against each other while we watched? You knew this was a trailer to show us more than an 8 second clip. The gameplay stuff with people playing the game will come out soon enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »