Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #321
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
OK... I just watched this 6-7 times. I don't understand most of the negativity in here.

A couple of things that are AWESEOME:
1. Foot planting. Everyone has been complaining about foot sliding in 2k and there is NONE in this trailer. Great footwork.
2. Very quick dribbling moves. Sometimes the moves in 2k feel slowed down. These are incredibly quick. This will likely lead to a better 1v1 game.
3. Spacing looks better than 2k (in my opinion). In the Steve Nash pick and roll zoomed out shot you can see how much spacing there is on the floor. Very nice.
4. Signature jump shots looked good. I especially liked Tim Duncan's jumper.
5. I'm a Blazer fan - the Rose Garden looked sweet.
6. The player faces were spot on.
7. Arena lighting was excellent.

Stop the negativity people. Get pumped! We have two games to play in November!!!
You seem to like, that's all that matters. If you liked Live 10, then I guess this is the game for you. There was always something about this game that just didn't do it for me. Most of what you listed is true, but none of it translate well together throughout gameplay (referring to past Live games). 4 years down, this game should move and look a hell of a lot better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #322
Banned

OVR: 0

The sad thing here is all of you people getting angry and telling people what they should and shouldn't like.

If you don't like it, say so. Don't put down others if they do.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #323
Banned

OVR: 15

http://youtu.be/GxVENsPOSg8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #324
Rookie

Synergy is something that they really advertised along with bouncetek, wonder when they'll be able to show the difference w/ and without it.

Probably going to hear more about modes (All-Star Weekend, Rising Star, Online, etc.)
Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #325
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

The video was a tad underwhelming, but for the first game they have released in 3 years with all of the turnover they've had, it doesn't look too bad. Granted, it would've been nice to see something completely different or at least close to those E3 clips. Graphics-wise it isn't even close, although many of the faces look great. Some other aspects of Live's art design are better as well.

The gameplay (from whatever we can gather from those spliced up clips) looks decent enough that it will be a solid foundation to build off of for the future. It's still Live, but I enjoyed EA's 2010 basketball offerings. If this game can provide a solid change of pace that isn't completely broken then I'll be willing to drop some cash down for this in the future (at a discount).

Just wondering because I've missed about 8 pages worth of posts, did they confirm real time physics to be coming back? Because if it is and it works well then Live will definitely have my attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #326
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White

Side by side comparison video of the two trailers. People are really exaggerating the difference in quality between the two trailers.
No I honestly think they're not Live 14 looks so plasticky while 2k looks like well this...

Can you honestly say anything in that Live trailer looked as good as this?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #327
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12

Is there a higher quality video out there anywhere?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #328
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
The video definitely had some nice spots in it. The shooting looked like their actual counterparts, especially Melo & Duncan. Dribbling was pretty good too. I'm still kind of disappointed that the moves still seem like a bunch of animations, it seems not as fluid as it could be as far as movement. Defense is entirely too stiff. Big example is when Rose goes by the defender & he's still standing in his stance. Then the defense didn't react that well to Nash's floater. EA still has work to do, but it doesn't look bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »