Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #281
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

In the beginning of the video Kari begins to do a scoop layup from the right side and end up doing a reverse layup from the left. Dude has hangtime and a serious wingspand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #282
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
How the heck do you edit players playing defense then all of a sudden they're gone?
Is this a serious question? Either way, I am completely unworried about players disappearing in the midst of gameplay.

Quote:
I guess we arent watching the same video
Guess not. A few of your critiques have been out there/off base.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #283
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Player animations seem on point, but outside of that not too sure about this. Still pre-ordering tho
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #284
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Is this a serious question? Either way, I am completely unworried about players disappearing in the midst of gameplay.

Guess not. A few of your critiques have been out there/off base.
You're right

This almost looks exactly like what I see on tv
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #285
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

This will be a direct post of opinion, if you don't agree! You don't have to quote my post a million times with your rebuttals!!!

People hated Elite 11 and hate Live 13 because both of them were poo and using the same engine.

NBA Live 10 was the last good Live game, and we all complained that Elite and 13 weren't built off that engine and they should have just upgraded from Live 10.

Well looks like in 14 that's exactly what they did, it's Live 10 with a lot of touch up and visual improvements. Yeah the dribbling mechanic is cool and all, but Live 10 controls were never broken.

I think where the disappointment in this footage and all the other footage, is that it's a 10% improvement from current gen basketball games and of Live 10.

When Live series went from Xbox Original to the Xbox 360, the games were 100% two different games. This is where the problem lies with this trailer and all the pictures they keep posting.

It's like 10% different 5% graphics and 5% controls, oh I'm sorry bouncetek (GTFO)

so tired of them naming all their engines and features all these weird *** names and analogies, when in motion looks like the same **** another toilet.

I for one in the Live community wanted this game to be a much different game going into the PS4 and Xbox One era. Looks like they should have rebuilt from scratch, like they lied and said they did. Listening to fans 4 games too late to build off Live 10 isn't worth the time and effort we ask for it 4 years ago.

And to give me that garbage about a 3 year plan, if it's building off this same graphics engine and gameplay engine...Then it will be the same 3 years in Live 15,16,17, etc.

I'm not going to say I'm disappointed completely, because the faces looked improved and details were better, but the whole time I watched this video, all I saw was what Live 11 and Live 12 should have been on current gen.

This should have been a Xbox 360, and PS3 game! Because with the capabilities of the Next Gen consoles this is visually mediocre at best. It might be pretty on the inside, but it's so average on the outside..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #286
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
His Butt must be bleeding after yesterday.
No one with objective eyes could say that it looked life like. It was so stiff. Classic Live movements
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love that the dribbling is less animated like 2K. Live always had that freedom when it comes to player control
Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #288
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
And to give me that garbage about a 3 year plan, if it's building off this same graphics engine and gameplay engine...Then it will be the same 3 years in Live 15,16,17, etc.
Dude, what are you worried about? It's EA. Look how awesome the game turned out when they put Madden on a three year plan...hahahaha

And EA's entire marketing team needs to be fired. First Madden and now this. Here's a hint, when you have an image of Kyrie that you mean to use to make it look like he is giving a teammate a hint to go to the basket, but it looks like he's dropping a deuce instead, DON'T USE IT IN THE VIDEO, especially after the facial emotion focused on in the 2K video just blows that out of the water. Just cut it from the video and don't draw people's attention to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »