Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #257
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Well I just watched it for the 5th time and I want to know, what in the world happened to Rose's defender? And why is this guy in the NBA? He makes no reaction to Rose at all, he just stands there and Rose blows past him. Normally when someone gets beat to the basket it is because they get juked out for go for a steal at the wrong time, in this trailer the guy is just standing there arms extended and Rose goes by him.
have you seen Kyrie play? he gets beat to the basket a lot and doesn't get juked because his defense sucks.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #258
MVP

OVR: 15

I don't thin EA hire mocap actors To do their dunks and mocap work. If they did, clearly most of these animations wouldn't be issues. EA needs to get ahold of team flight brothers number and get to work. you can tell kyrie was the only mocapped guy, either that or he had the best sig package, cause everyone is using his package.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #259
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
So what you're saying is, wait till next year and its going to be a good game?!

LOL you sound like these EA Madden fans.. Next Year will REALLY SHOW US WHAT THEY CAN DO!!

That should be EA's tagline...

"E-A- SPORTS!! WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!"

Back on topic. That looks horrible, robotic and it looks like they are skating. Player models are horrible as well.

EA. I honestly think they just don't have the talent in the animation department.
LOL "EA SPORTS WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!". No, I'm just saying this year is their first year of making a game after many years, the pressure for them to even put out a playable game is at an all time high, that's probably their main foocus, put out a solid foundation. Now with Live 14 out shipped and nothing else they can do all the pressure is off them, people can love it or hate it but they did what they had to do.

Now Live 15 will ee different goals and different milestones, the game is out and the foundation is set, now lets really see what these systems can do. I'm almost certain they didn't get every ounce of power they could out of these systems it's the first year. NBA 2k11 was alot better than NBA 2k6, it's because they learned to harness the power of the systems.

I expect Live to learn some things this year and really develop what they already have into something even better. Kind of like what FIFA had to do when they were rebuilding their game, every year they upgraded a base technology that lead them to where they are now as one of or arguably the best soccer game out. It's because of things like a live ball and real physics that helped them accomplish that.

I feel Live can do the same. Build off bouncetek, build off the physics in the post, add more subtle animations, improve rim physics, improve ball physics, improve animations, improve graphics. This is only the foundational layer of what could become a mansion.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #260
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
My word!... I thought I was watching real life footage for a moment there.
Man....lemme bust out another 23 special.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #261
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
Lol. Hommie...... its an internet forum. Isn't that serious.

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2
LOL nah man I just thought that was mad disrespectful to tell someone what to "stop" doing when I was only stating how I received the trailer. I don't care if anyone agrees or not but don't talk to me like that. He didn't even have to respond if he was gone say some stupid **** you know what I mean. I can see I won't be around here after this game drops. Some of these cats are jerks for no apparent reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #262
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

It looked current gen. Had it preordered, canceling that. IMO not worth $60. I'll wait a few months pick it up used. EA should make it a digital download for $25-$30. That would generate a buzz. Animations look too herky jerky. This is suppose to be next gen right? Well in all honesty it's not.

Edit: Order cancelled

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005

Last edited by TheBadazz; 10-18-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #263
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
The game was trash to me.

I'm not gonna lie to myself and praise a finished game for having a couple innovative features when the real meat of the game is garbage.

I wonder how much he was paid to do that? After seeing that trailer no one can truthfully say shots were fired from EA.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #264
Banned

OVR: 2

It doesn't even look next gen lol wth. But i do think they just need to release it and just keep building. We all know it's not gonna come close to 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »