Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #249
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

No way I would buy this game at full price. Maybe when it's $29.99

Sent from my iPhone
Old 10-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #250
Rookie

spottieottiedop's Arena

OVR: 3
It's something for EA to build on. I hope for their sake the gameplay is up to par. I still got the game preordered bbut.........
Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #251
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
The game was trash to me.

I'm not gonna lie to myself and praise a finished game for having a couple innovative features when the real meat of the game is garbage.

lmao.

[ten character limit]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #252
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
My word!... I thought I was watching real life footage for a moment there.
Sarcasm... I hope.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #253
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

I was hoping for something more. And this isn't going off of NBA 2K14 at all. Next gen to me is about blowing up the little things. And I all I saw was what looked like a port from a 360 or a PS3.

I was looking for human like characteristics and flow to the gameplay. Nothing in that trailer other the dribbling impressed me.

EA I was expecting more. I wanted an actual competition this year.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think until EA gets rid of anything that is tied to the ANT system, its going to continue to move like hot garbage. All of these players moving and dribbling like they swallowed half a bottle of caffiene pills is ridiculous.

I still see how they purposely tried to hide stuff like how the game looks in real time zoomed out. Rose's dunk was awful, and the defense seems dumber than rocks in the paint.

Just like Felton did, Amare disappeared on that layup (what the heck is up with players disappearing) and overall the movement makes the already bright colored players look like puppets.

The dribbling was cool, but I was doing similar stuff in Live 10, and the worse part about that is, you can only do stationary dribbling stuff, none of that stuff can be done while moving to throw the defender off.

I see ALOT of legacy issues in this game which is what I was hoping wasn't true, and all of the people saying that Steve Nash clip was an old build because of how it was recieved, do you still think it was an old build?
I f this was announced a ps3/360 game, people probably wouldn't be so harsh on the game, but since this is supposed to be next gen, it has some serious standards to live up to. This game should not be on ps4/xbox one.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #255
Banned

Nabz's Arena

OVR: 2
I feel like most of these comments are just purposeful hate towards NBA Live, most of you aren't even willing to give it a chance. Some of you are probably serious 2K fanboys, you gotta realize with NBA Live returning it just means better for 2K because now there's competition. Other than that as far as this trailer it sort of looks like an upgrade of NBA Live 10 (which imo was pretty underrated). Was hoping for a bit more though, but for next gen good/decent start, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #256
Banned

OVR: 0

The trailer gets better the more I watch it.

People need to understand the contextual differences between the 2k trailer and the Live trailer. The former has an obvious advantages in facial animations, but outside of that, you can credit a lot of the perceived gap in graphic production to the distinct methodologies behind how the clips were captured. One is slow moving, makes heavy use of zoom, and features a ton of cinematic cut screens/sequences in moments where the action is stopped or slowed.(pre game, free throw, time out, etc). The other moves at real time, while focusing more on signature dribble packages/shots(Kyrie, D. Williams, Lilliard, Duncan, Green, Melo, etc), and actual gameplay sequences.

2k's trailer was probably prettier, and therefore had more of a "wow" factor, but Live has a lot of good here as well. There were a few moments that were questionable, mostly on the defensive side, and I hope the crowd sits for a breather during actual gameplay, but for the most part, it looks good. Bouncetek could definitely be something that pushes the genre forward if it plays as smoothly as it appears in this trailer. EA isn't totally there just yet, but they're moving in the right direction. NBA Live 14 looks like it can the solid base for reestablishment that EA has long needed.

I'll probably be purchasing both titles now. If 2k continues to prioritize animations over control though while failing to fix many of the gameplay issues that have plagued them this gen, I could definitely see myself spending more time with Live.

I'm officially excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »