Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #233
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I really have nothing bad to say about nba live, Im simply just not buying it.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic_BR
Stop pinning your opinions as facts.
Ay man....you need to fall the hell back!!! I can say whatever the hell I want!!! How you take it is up to you. But you don't ever tell me to stop anything. Yes this is my opinion I never said it was fact. You assumed I did. That makes an *** out of ubut damn sure not me CLOWN!!! SMH
Old 10-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #235
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After watching again...

I try to be objective as possible...and I want Live to succeed, I really do...

but how do you have this much "jerkiness" in. TRAILER? You can clearly see animation translations in the Rose/Melo clips..

It's a trailer, You're supposed to at least try to cover these things up...

Leads to me ask: is it that prevalent in the game they couldn't find clips without it?
Most likely yes.

Also how the Nash clip makes it into the trailer? It's just ugly. How was it the trailer's teaser too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #236
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
PREACH!!! If this game hits their sales projections this year, then this will be how Live next gen will continue to look with upgrades here and there. Neither company cares about competition more than the dollar, it's business. It's in our best interest as gamers to only buy things that are worthy, because if we buy trash, they will assume we want more trash.
i think it goes the other way. if they hit there sales it means they made the game play good enough. then they can start workign more on the graphics and animations instead of having to redo the dribbling again. or it could go the madden route and they deceide to redo everything every year no matter what it looks like
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #237
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 14 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
You know what? I REALLY LIKED IT.

Positives: The dribbling looked good. The shots look spot on, the animations looked better. Not bad. Wasn't as good as 2K's trailer, but not bad.

Negatives: That Steve Nash clip still made me hurl. The net physics are still lackluster, but not enough to take you out of the immersion. No, the PS2 like dunk animations where the fingers don't even connect on the rim do that for you. That last dunk was bleh.

Edit: Looking back at some of the dunks...there was 1 nice dunk, and that was the D-Wade dunk. Everything else was meh. It's like there was something missing from them. I think it was because I could only get a sense of ferocity from D-Wade's dunk. The others didn't have enough force IMO.
The trailer was good, and I will be getting live on release AT THIS POINT. The animations still are live 10ish. But the game speed looks more realistic, and if this is a cleaned up version of live 10 then 14 will be good for me. I am more of a game play guy and this trailer showed alot of gameplay. All I want is a game that values basketball strategy as opposed to a video game turbo/dunk fest.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 10-18-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #238
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallauer
I agree with what a few others have said about the players looking "plastic". It's like a bunch of dolls running around out there. At the :12 second mark, Kyrie's armpit looks like a Ken Doll. Steve Nash looks like Crispin Glover in "Back to the Future".

As far as the actual gameplay goes, it seems really stiff. Paul George going through the lane and then throwing up a floater just didn't look fluid. Once I see more actual gameplay, rather than speed up and slow down trailer footage, it might seem different though.
Pretty much agreed. Not that the 2k trailer was perfect but there were a couple places in THAT trailer where I was like HOLY COW! -- for instance, the Lebron block or the dunk and reaction of Anthony Davis.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #239
Pro

OVR: 2

I am not ready to call the fat lady just yet. They have some positives in there. They have something they can build off of for the future. Dribbling looks nice and intuitive, and the atmosphere looks good. Animations can be cleaned up and the player models can use more polish. The sweat looks a bit off. The ball and net physics could use a little more polish too.

I am happy that another basketball game is on the market!!!!

"Competition is Good" In my Gordan Gecko voice.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #240
Banned

Wow..... Just wow... AND THAT'S NOT IN A GOOD WAY EITHER!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »