Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #209
Banned

OVR: 10
Ball looks small. Bodies don't look as good as the 2k trailer, I do t think that was in game footage either. Neither game showed in game video. I'm not talking bout replays. I would rather see recorded gameplay. That D Rose dunk was wack. He's way more explosive and deliberate in his dunks and drives.

I will definitely play it and see how the overall game is. Like depth. But I want to see 2k first before I make my overall decision.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #210
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with what a few others have said about the players looking "plastic". It's like a bunch of dolls running around out there. At the :12 second mark, Kyrie's armpit looks like a Ken Doll. Steve Nash looks like Crispin Glover in "Back to the Future".

As far as the actual gameplay goes, it seems really stiff. Paul George going through the lane and then throwing up a floater just didn't look fluid. Once I see more actual gameplay, rather than speed up and slow down trailer footage, it might seem different though.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA would treat you just like they treat us with Madden, on a string of hopes. Had the Nba been exclusive to EA, we would be saying WOW to this technical leap over past NBA Lives right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #212
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I don't have the sense of excitement and anticipation with this trailer as I did with the other game. Again, this doesn't scream next gen. Also the movement looks a little weird to me personally.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #213
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
Nice to see you EA supporters aren't bothered by this. Yikes
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #214
MVP

blingballa333's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 14 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
I didn't say you were. I said don't be one. there's a difference, but whatever, do you buddy.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Check out my MLB The Show CAP thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-welcome.html
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #215
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Once Lillard started dribbling the trailer got real.

I think they really have a gem with this bouncetek business and it's something they can build off and call their own. If going forward you hear 2k redesigned their dribbling engine and are giving the ball real physics you know where they got the idea.

I'll be buying both 2k and Live for PS4, go ahead and judge me. Most likely 2k first but I'll definitely buy both. I just like basketball games. I mean I been buying every game for as long as I can remember every game has something whether its NBA Ballers, NBA Street, NBA the Show, NBA 2k, or NBA Live.

For as long as I remember I've always bought them all, I just enjoy the sport that much, and the online competition is what keeps me playing. Ultimate team should be fun.

Also finding a point guard who's dribbling appeals to you should be fun too, and learning the different play styles. I hope in the future they do to the post game what they did with the dribbling, adding tons of authentic packages for players, to add variety and skill of learning to the game.
Come on with this dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Why do people keep saying "last 3 years"? They've only been working on this for around a year when next-gen was announced and the hardware has been out for less time than that.
The hardware has certainly been around for longer than less than a year. There is no way that developers could make the games we see with less than a year of development time on these next gen systems. The first PS4 development kits got to developers in early 2012. If they've only had a year to work on this game, it's their own doing, not because they didn't have the tools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #216
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
These clowns won't get my money. I see comments about at least now they have something to build on. What's that exactly? The animation system looks horrible. If they couldn't fix it in the 3 years it's been developed with no release, then they're not going to fix it in a yearly update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »