Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #97
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Compared to the last game they put out, its an improvement. Compared to what I saw from the NBA 2k video yesterday, this is a trainwreck.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB34
Looks like trash compared to 2k
Trolling?, saying the same thing mutiple times
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #99
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I have to admit, I didn't hate it. It didn't look as good as 2K, but who was really expecting that? I may buy it when the price gets reduced, but it looks a lot more fluid than past Live iterations. Dribbling looks good, and a lot of the movement looked really good, like Kobe backing down in the post. I love when we have competition though. Wish Madden had some right now...
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #100
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

People have their own opinions. Respect that. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Personally, I thought the game looked a bit "jerky". The Rose dunk, reminded me of the rocket dunks from 07. He's explosive, but that whole animation looked a bit rough.

Overall, I see a lot of Live 10 here, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Isn't a good thing, but not a bad thing. Was really looking forward to seeing "where" Live was at in their next gen rebuild. I may get it on a price drop, but I doubt I'll spend the initial $60 on it. I'm sure I'll be able to find plenty of used copies in a month or two.

Glad to have another option for future iterations, but I won't be included in the "Phase 1" of the 3 Year Cycle. Not this time.

Final note. In my opinion, didn't look bad though. Just not yet ready to compete for a full price purchase.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0
All the 2K naysayers, stick to your hate words and buy this. I hope 2k14 sticks with the same gameplay as CG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #102
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

If you weren't very knowledgeable about these games and they showed you the trailer for each one, NOBODY would think the Live game looked better.

I wasn't planning on getting a NBA game this year, but the 2k14 trailer sold me. I don't know why people keep giving excuses that Live is not terrible (but better than they expected) but it is a good platform to build from. Haven't they had years in the development cycle? When they didn't put out Elite they said they were focused on Next Gen. This trailer does not make me think they did a lot with their time.

Most of us grew up on NBA Live and the EA games before it like Bulls v. Blazers, Lakers v. Celtics, etc. I loved those games. The video game industry has taken off since then. This next gen looks amazing. NBA Live 14 does not look like it is on the same next gen level as 2k14. And it doesn't look close.

These are just trailers but after the debacle of Elite, I'm not real confident that Live is gonna be a very good game.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 0
There Alley Oop Passing animation and transitioning looks better than 2k's.I Give Them That
Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 15
NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextlevelshhhh
They already lost the current gen market to 2k so it made more sense to put it on next gen were people are more likely to buy it.
Not likely bruh , the build up to the game has been horrible . Most people will still own 360's and PS3 's they still have the majority of their fan base there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited by Red Kafe; 10-18-2013 at 11:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »