Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14: 5-on5 Gameplay Video Coming Friday, Here is a Teaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It looked no worse than I expected based on what we knew and what I saw at E3, in the trailers before it, AND from what I know of the previous versions.
Really? The Kyrie dribbling demo looked a lot better from what I could see (in the corner of an interview video at E3). Maybe because that demo didn't have any interactions with defenders-- which I knew would end up being a huge issue.

Nash's mediocre looking dribbling is on par with the Kyrie demo you played with? Yikes if true.

I was screwing with 2K blacktop the other day and noticed even current gen 2K's dribbling model looks almost as good as the Kyrie demo when there's minimal defense involved and you're zoomed in.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #170
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Not sure what you're trying to prove here. This shows the defender hedging the screen. Live's clip showed the defender staying on the screener. The third defender rotated into the paint to help. In terms of defensive AI, the Live clip was just fine. Also, it's one single play. Every defense has a lapse now and then.
Straight up. Did the teaser really look "fine" to you?

Not talking PnR. Not talking AI. Just overall. That looks fine?
Old 10-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Straight up. Did the teaser really look "fine" to you?

Not talking PnR. Not talking AI. Just overall. That looks fine?
I posted my impression a few pages back. Some things were good, and some were bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 0
That video was wack. Pre alpha or something. Steve Nash looked like it was PS2. Textures were flat, no detail. If that is what live looks like, then 2k wins again. I think 2k wins regardless.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #173
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

This seriously looks like a touched up PS2 game. What the heck? The movements are stiff, textures are low resolution, crowd looks like crap with 30 people doing the same movements at the same time like current gen... Arena looks decent, but nothing amazing. Ball stops spinning once it goes through the net, feet sliding on the floor like they're ghosts, hunched backs.

I could go on. This better be an old build. Holding my official feelings until Friday to judge this one but right now I'm almost annoyed. EA fails to deliver on so many fronts it is sickening.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #174
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Wonder if they cancel again if they get a ton of backlash again???

Sent from my iPhone
Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #175
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k won already without seeing gameplay lol. They are still moving like the old live animations. But I still can't wait to play it. And why did the ball stop moving when it went through the net? That physics was way off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #176
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

LOL im actually shocked at how much negative can be pulled out from a 9 second instagram video..

here are the things i noticed though..since no one wants to state anything positive..

-Steve Nash looks good.. he looks too young but non the less it looks like him, we might be losing some facial quality due to it being an instagram video (POOR QUALITY)

-The spacing of the court doesnt look half bad, especially in that comparison image posted a couple of pages ago.

-The ball/rim/net interaction looks improved.. anything is an improvement over what used to be.

- Everybody complained about the crowd and refs not looking in the right direction in the John Wall shot yesterday but no one noticed that they actually do pay attention in this video.

-The clip is obviously slowed down!!! damn! the only part of that clip moving at full speed is the second portion right when he begins to use the screen.

-Jersey's look good, snug and fit, doesnt seem to be moving too erratically which is good because the cover trailer had me worried.

-Player models look good.. i'd like to see them in other camera angles..

-Ball also looks good.

NEGATIVES (BECAUSE IM NOT BLIND)

-WTF was Damian Lillard doing after he got screened.. he made 0 attempt to recover on that play SMH

-Player models: HUNCH BACK!!! why?!? the offensive and defensive players all seem to be in this robotic hunch back stance. That needs to get fixed.

-Pick and Roll Defense was atrocious!

-Why pick this clip as a teaser, it shows off nothing special, at least show me damian giving a much slower steve nash a hard time.

--------------------------------

All in all i think when we do see full gameplay footage we can really dissect the game playing at 100% speed instead of edited crap..

Many people are just used to that NBA 2k look that anything else seems like absolute trash.. but hey this look reminds me of Live 10, it has a Ryan Santos look to it, so i am not surprised, I like it.. Different doesn't mean worse..

Friday will tell us everything we need to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »